Help please - Could I be pregnant?

L

Lucid Dreamer

Hello everyone! I wasn't sure where to post this, so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I'm not sure if I could be pregnant or not.

I'm at the end of my first month on the pill. The first day I took it (as advised by my doctor) was during my last period. She told me it would be effective immediately, so I took her advice.

I've been on the pill before; and usually it's 3 weeks on, then 1 week off. I am about half way through my week off now, and usually my period is here by now.

During this cycle; I have not missed a pill or taken a pill late.

In addition to that, for the past week, maybe a few days longer, my breasts have been complete agony; this is not a normal period symptom for me for my period for so long. Usually I get 1-2 days of mild boob pain which goes the day before my period, the pain isn't as nearly as bad as this.

Breast pain is how my body let me know I was pregnant with my other two children.

As much as a surprise pregnancy would make me happy. I also am very concerned. I've been smoking (only about 1-2 every 3-4 days), taking painkillers and I've also been fighting a bad cold so I've been taking cough medicine etc.

And looking back, I've been eating a lot more fruit lately, which is a typical craving of mine. Maybe it's just a coincidence!

My question to you ladies is this (because I'm a bit rusty with when to test etc!):

- Do you think I could be pregnant?
- Is it possible this type of pill just didn't work with me?
- Do my symptoms coincide with when a pregnant lady would typically get them?

Thank you :)

Its hard to tell at this point...remember your body has to readjust again to the pills, so you will find changes in your cycle than when you werent on the pill. I know when i was on it, it was to regulate my cycle as it was everywhere. Being its your first month of taking it, your body could still be adjusting. Chances are only 1% of getting preggos on the pill, so i would bet my money on it being hormonal changes due to going back on the pill. As for the missed period, every now and then when i was on the pill i would miss and then get it the following month. So hate to burst the buble, but its most likely hormones :)

I agree with her^ but I have never heard if a pill that works right away. Is this new?

I agree with her^ but I have never heard if a pill that works right away. Is this new?

From what ive read up is it could be anywhere from right away up to a week for it to work. So being it is her first month on them there is still a chance, but i wouldnt say high. I just dont want to say no since it is only the first month on them.

I don't know too much about the pill, except the hormonal changes might be what is causing the sore BBs.

You could take a pregnancy test, just to ease your mind.

Good luck!

i know when i went back on the pill after having dd i didnt have a period the first month, it was a 3 week on the pill 1 week off for the bleed. Also had a few months with no period, think it just messed with my cycles a bit.

That's not to rule out that you could be pg esp because i too thought you had to take it a couple of weeks before having unprotected sex to let it get into your system? maybe its a diff one that doesnt require this...

if you would be due a period usually about now then id assume you can do a test about this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->