Help please, have worked myself into a frenzy

plumplump

very cautiously pregnant
Reaction score
Hey girls
Sorry to bother you. Well this is what has been happening lately. I got a shot of an angelsounds doppler from one of my friends. Initially I couldn't here anything then managed to hear the heartbeat every day from 16 weeks to 17 + 1 weeks. Anyway since then I havn't managed to hear the heartbeat but think I might hear movement but not sure if is the baby or my guts (sorry!), also i think i can feel bambi but again not sure if it is just my tummy!

I have sortof been questioning if the battery is going - it is not that same jawclenchingly painful noise anymore when you have it up full volume. Also as the name would indicate I am on the plump side.

Need less to say i have worked myself up into an almighty frenzy, franticly googling late miscarriages etc to see if I would know if anything was wrong etc. Just don't know what to do with myself :(

Can anyone offer any nuggets of advice, before I drive myself insane?? :cry:

My baby used to move around a lot at 17-18 weeks which meant i couldnt find the HB on nurmerous occasions. Your baby is probs just tucked well in there hence why you can only hear swooshing noises - i used to get this. The further along you get the easier it becomes to pick up the HB.

don't panic!!! I did exactly the same...and posted a thread on here about it. Have you tried really really low down? Mine was lower than I thought. I heard it at 15 weeks I think and then lost it and panicked. I too am on the larger side. Please don't worry. Drink a pint of iced water then lay down for a while and try again. If your scared then call your MW and pop in for a listen. You'll be fine I'm sure Hun x

Change the battery! My battery was still working, but only noise that came through the Doppler was that fuzzy noise you get when the tv isn't tuned in. Put a new battery in and it works perfectly again!

Also, as you get bigger the baby has more places to hide. I usually find the heartbeat quite low down, but occasionally it's higher up x

Maybe bubs is playing hide and seek? I had to have an emergency scan when my midwife couldn't find my baby's heartbeat, all was fine and my little one was stood on her head and was very low down! The sonographer said no wonder you couldn't hear the heartbeat! At 19 weeks she still hides very low down so its very difficult to find the heartbeat sometimes:hugs:

Maybe change the batteries and try again? I'm sure nothing is wrong!:hugs:

thanks for the replies girls, it is possible that he is just hiding, and i will buy a new battery and then once i have heard the hb give it back to my friend, it was meant to calm me down but has made things so much worse for me!
I do think that the whipping noises are him busying about atleast i hope so. I wish I trused my body to keep this baby safe :(

Make sure you use loads of gel with the doppler and if you don't have any gel use a lubricant or moisteriser. I find this makes a massive difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->