help please, need opinions :(

x-li-x

Me & Hubby + 3 :)
Reaction score
ok so over a week again we took noahs dummy, as he was waking every hour n more, n i was dying from exhaustion, at first it was hard but he took to it rather well after the first day we had our ups and downs n he even started self settling, and woke much less, though still at the least 2 time no more then 3,

however the last 3 days have been a nightmare, hes upset on n off, barely settles at nap time, so is not sleep much in the day as once we have him settled hes awake not long after, bed time he goes down fine, not much of a battle at all but then lately hes been waking at 8, then at 11 n then from 11 hes feeding practically until morning, uses me as a human dummy, n is so unsettled, where normally (once dummy was taken) he wouldnt wake until 11 for feed (after going bed at 7) then again at 2 , then at sometime between 5-7

should i give him his dummy back, doe she just need it which is why he so miserable? or doe sit sound like something else, teething maybe, he is 6 months and dribbly lately? n then i think well he will self settle here n there without it so maybe he just doesnt need it, n chews his teether alot,

what would you say? i just dont know!! n my husband has just left on tour to afghan for 8 months and i cant deal with it anymore on my own with 2 other kiddies too. im all teary myself and dont want to keep withholding the dummy if he needs it or not helping with teething if its that. but i just cant decide what to do as i dont want to just give the dummy back if he doesnt need it

god im all over the place so hoping for help lol

:flower:

It's possible it could be teething (I know it caused at least hourly or more often night wakings for us and was right around 6.5 months - misery!). It could just be he's extra unsettled for one reason or another. In general, the period from 6 to about 7.5 months was really tough with sleep for us and it's only just in the past week gotten better again.

It's your choice of course, but I think do whatever you need to do in order for everyone to get some sleep. I must be hard enough doing all this on your own. I think no sense making things harder on yourself at the moment. There's always time to wean off the dummy later if you find things settle down.

I agree with pp. if it will make it easier for u Hun give LO back his dummy. With hubby away (I really feel for you with that, I have massive respect for army wives! :) ) and two other children to look after you need to do whatever makes it easier for you (obviously within reason!). Teething does cause a massive disruption so maybe try some dentinox on his gums and see if that helps? (If I ever find the inventors if that stuff I'm gonna Hun them and never let go!). I think maybe it's a circumstance where you'll have to try to eliminate problems. Maybe try his dummy tonight? If that doesn't work then maybe try teething solutions in a couple of nights? Xx

It could be teething, I would personally give the soother back. I intend to keep it till after I have weened from breastfeeding

Thanks ladies hes settled fine without it again this evening so im goign to see how it goes, im not against the dummy so not against giving it back, as if he needs it he needs it, we only took it in hopes it would help give me better sleep, especially with hubby away, so we worked together to get him settlign without it and it actually went quite well and he was doing brilliant, so dont want to go give it back if it could possibly be teething or something else, to undo all the work of getting rid off it, especially hubby as he sat with him every nap and bedtime , giving him comfort rocking him, cuddles to do this for me as we read it could help, and like i said it did he slept better but now this i just dont know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->