Help Please - Newbie (:

taylors-mummy

Reaction score
I'm new to cloth nappys (none have actually arrived yet!) but went a bit mad over RNW and have bought;

- a bumgenius v3 - pocket one size

- a tots bots Easyfit all in one - bamboo style

- a wonderoos one size pocket - with the micro inserts

- 2 flip trial packs - one with stay dry insert, one with organic inserts

- Flip spare inserts 2x organic, 2x stay dry inserts

I also bought preloved onelife;

- 2x size 2 wraps and 2x size 3 wraps

- and 5 onelife BTP nappies with inserts (unused inserts).
- These were a bargain and I have a feeling I will prefer the two parters hence also getting two flips, but I may be wrong!!

I have also bought naturebabies boosters (3 layer terry).

Now my question is about washing them before use and have read lots of different opinions!

so any help would be great as to what I wash with, temperature and how many times for these types of nappies :)

I am very excited for them to arrive but don't know what to do first :cry::shrug:

I did also buy a mesh bag, a bucket and paper liners and flip disposable inserts to help introduce DF to the cloth process :thumbup:

Thanks alot girls - Looking forward to chatting with you all! Been looking at all the cloth bum pics and have to say all the babies are little stunners! :kiss::flower:

:wave: hello and welcome to the board :flower:

with new nappies i just put them all on a 40 degree wash with 1/4 of detergent or soapnuts. I don't bother with anymore than 1 prewash tbh as i hate the thought of washing clean nappies but i will take this in to account when putting a new nappy on LO and she will wear it for a shorter time period than normal. Some people do 3/4 rinse cycles and some leave it the inserts in a bucket over night then wash.

HTH :flower:

I can never wait to use new nappies, so sometimes don't even wash them at all! I just need to change more often. I think your supposed to wash at least once, but they get more absorbent the more you wash them. But you're going to ash them anyway, so as long as you know they will get more absorbent, it doesn't matter if you change earlier the first few washes IYSWIM.
With pre-loved, I usually do a nappy soak in sanitizing powder, just to make sure, and then wash them again

i usually do one 60 wash and maybe 3 rinses, or failing that i do one wash with full powder on 60 then one wash on 40 with no powder and ive never had any problems so far but like tlb said i do make sure and keep checking them at first to see if they leak and if they do i give them a few more washes/change them sooner :D

x

Thanks alot for the advice..

So I am putting in everything...? What about the flip wraps, do I just stick them in to? And all the spare inserts too I assume?

Now also, I'm not drying them between rinses/washes am I? Or should I be? :shrug:

What washing powder do you use or would it be beneficial to buy specific nappy cleaning powder?

Are all these nappies suitable to go into a 60 wash?

And for example, the colours, will my flip wraps (ribbit and moonbeam) be okay in with the onelife plain white nappies?

Sorry for million questions! I really have no clue! :dohh:

wraps/microfibre dont need any more than one wash, its only things like cotton/hemp/bamboo that need prewashing more than once :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->