Help please.

arry_xo

Reaction score
I've been on the pill for a couple of years, I am nearly 21 and wanting to try for a baby with my Fiancé. If I come off the pill when I've finished the packet how long does it take to come out of my system? As heard it takes a while.
Been off and on the pill for couple of years, never been pregnant and wanting to now. Just like some advice.

Thanks xx

I need the answer to your question too. Hopefully someone can help us x

Actually asked a lot of people, and yeah hopefully. Xx

Hey :) So technically, you can get pregnant the first month off of the pill, but it really depends if your cycles are regular or not... For me, my cycles are very irregular, so it is taking awhile since I have stopped BCPs to regulate my cycle. I hope this helps :) Good luck!

Hi there,

Birth control pills leave your system as soon as you stop taking them. I would recommend on waiting until the end of a pack, because if you stop in the middle you may have breakthrough bleeding and it may be harder to predict your next period. Some doctors recommend waiting until after you have your first period once you are off the pill, but that is only because that makes it easier to predict how far along you are. (If you get pregnant your first month off the pill, you will have no guide line as to when you ovulated, it could have been the week after or it could have been 5 weeks after). But other than that, there is no reason to wait any longer.
Unfortunately, there is no way anyone can tell you when you will get your next period back! It could continue normally, and happen 28 days later, or you could be a few months waiting for it to show up. (If it takes any longer than 6 months to return then check with your doctor). I recently came off my pills a few months ago, and luckily my period returned around 32 days later (a bit longer for me, as before the pill I used to have 28 day cycles, but now it seems to have changed to around 31/32 days).
Good luck ! I hope your cycle returns normally for you !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->