help please

Raven24

mum
Reaction score
i am going to be changing to terry towling nappies in the next few days and i was talking to my mom an she said she used to soak them in milton fluid before washing i just wondered do i still have to do this?
also i allready have the nappies they are just squares of white fabric that i will fold but i need to get the plastic covers for them i have seen some plain white plastic covers in boots but not sure about them what else could i buy to put over the nappy??

Nah you don't have to presoak unless you want to. Most people don't and then wash at 40-60 degrees. I soak the dirty ones, and dry pail the wet ones, but that's just cos I prefer to wash at 30 degrees so want an extra cleaning step for the yukky ones.

You can use the plastic pants from Boots but they're not very nice! If you do a search for 'nappy wraps' there are millions of places that sell lovely ones.

You can get all sorts of pretty wraps if you want, Wee Notions, Blueberry, Nature Babies, Motherease are all brans I have and like a lot.
I also really like using wool shorties/longies instead of a PUL lined wrap and have just got a fleece soaker to try as well. Worth looking into :)

My Mum also used to use milton bleach to pre-sock the nappies but I don't think you would really need to as you could dry pail and wash them. The cheapest covers will probably be the plain white plastic ones but you can get them in all sorts of designs and materials if you want something a bit more pretty.

no you wouldn't have to presoak in that. Just a rinse cycle on the washing machine and then a normal wash is normally good enough for something like that

thank you all, i have had a look online and the only nappy covers i seem to e able to find are the ones that are all in one and you have the nappy liner etc built in, is there anyone here who uses the terry nappies and what covers do you use?

google motherease they make wraps as do nature babies I used both of these on fitted nappies (like terries but they're shaped so don't need folding)

you might even find a few cheaper ones to try out on cloth nappy tree (if you don't mind used ones)

Blueberry make wraps
https://www.babykind.co.uk/blueberryminkywraps.htm
WeeNotions also
https://weenotions.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62

The WeeNotions ones can be embroidered and completely customised.

theres loads of wraps on clothnappy tree starting from free for postage upwards. just had a nosey :D

motherease
https://milliesnappies.co.uk/index....turers_id=24&zenid=jtkmg81k7lku5dadrghn2v6up0

You can get bluebery wraps from babykind and weenotions if you want gorg but expensive

ooooooooo weenotions are brilliant and sssssssssooooooooooooo pretty.

Yep! I just washed my terries 3 times on a normal wash and they're so good! I use Motherease wraps I think they're called :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->