help please????

lollylou1

Mummy to Belle and preg
Reaction score
Annabelle has been unsettled last night and today, really grumpy and teary and has been struggling alot with trapped wind(bottom end) and only really settling when she is closely cuddled.

i dont know whether its an attention thing as she settles when she is cuddled or whether she feels unwell or unhappy about something so just wants to feel close to her mummy.

i am just after advice really because i feel like i am in a visious circle, i feel if i leave her to cry it out when she might be unwell(wind) tat im being a bad mother as i feel guilty as it is leaving her to cry, but i dont want to cuddle her and it be that she will begin to cry thinking i will pick her up all the time.

im really not sure what to do for the best, she os only 3 and half weeks old and i havent held her every minute of the day i give her time on a play mat and in her moses basket so i dont think its that she has become too used to having cuddles but like i said im frightened im going to spoil her and make a rod for my own back and will end up with her screaming all the time

Lou
xxx

sorry its a long rant post but im really panicking that i am going to do the wrong thing

xxx

Personally I would cuddle her.

I don't think you'll spoil her. If she starts doing it day in day out, then maybe you need to leave her to cry, but she's only little & personally I don't think you're spoiling her.

:hug: to you both.

Have you tried giving infacol before a feed hun? see if that settles her, untill then id say cuddle her, she is still brand new and even though it might only be wind, it can be uncomfortable for a little baby..

I use Colic Calm when my baby has gas pains -- he loves the taste and it soothes him very quickly. The only downside is that the stuff is pitch black and it turns his stools a nasty dark green color, lol.

But don't worry about picking your daughter up too much. I read that it is impossible to 'spoil' a baby under 6 months. Furthermore, studies have shown that children whose parents respond to their crying quickly when they are younger, and actually LESS likely to cry when they get older. It has something to do with their feeling more secure, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->