Help pls- 5 weeks 5 days pregnant

miss_nat84

Mummy to Ella & Ruby
Reaction score
Hello all :) hoping someone can help me and maybe give me some reassurance also...
Im 5 weeks 5 days today and yesterday i had some pink spotting in the morning which stopped then later in the afternoon had brown/dark red spotting so went to ED. They did a urine test which came back negative for pregnancy but was clearly wrong as ive had bloods done and they showed i am definitely pregnant, so they did more bloods. This morning i did another test which showed positive also and i called the birthing unit and they told me my hcg level is now 742. It was 204 at 4 weeks + 3 days. The doctor said it is reassuring that its gone up and is in normal levels. I havent had any cramping but i have more bleeding this morning and its more deep red now. Not gushing out but more than i had yesterday. Has anyone experienced this and gone on to have a normal healthy pregnancy? Ive got 2 girls already and i never experienced anything like this with them so its got me very stressed :(

Your hcg was 402 4 wks 3 days and now more than a week later it's only 742? It should be higher now. That's not a good sign unfortunately. Sorry but it sounds like a mc is starting. I would follow-up for more blood work and a repeat ultrasound in a week.

Oops sorry my mistake my hcg levels were 204 at 4 weeks and they are now 742

Your hcg was 402 4 wks 3 days and now more than a week later it's only 742? It should be higher now. That's not a good sign unfortunately. Sorry but it sounds like a mc is starting. I would follow-up for more blood work and a repeat ultrasound in a week.

Sorry my mistake my bloods were 204 at 4wks 3 days and are now 742 at 5wks 4 days

I've heard women bleeding during the beginning. For myself it sounds how my loss started in August. Truly wishing you all the best. Maybe you should call your Dr to see if they'll do more.blood work or a scan to see if they see a bleed happening.

I've heard women bleeding during the beginning. For myself it sounds how my loss started in August. Truly wishing you all the best. Maybe you should call your Dr to see if they'll do more.blood work or a scan to see if they see a bleed happening.

I had more bloods done yesterday that showed my hcg had gone up to 742. When i called the birthing unit this morning the doctor i spoke to said its reassuring that its tripled in the week and that it's likely to be implantation bleeding of some sort. Im hoping its not miscarriage :( i dont have any cramping or anything did you have pain with yours?

That's great your numbers are rising nicely. It could just be a bleed! Even if you had cramps, they aren't always bad. I had so much pain with DD the Dr was sure it was a tubal.

I plugged your numbers in the doubling speed calculator on countdown to pregnancy. I used 11/11 for the 204 and 11/18 for the 742, I just counted backwards from 5w4d down to 4w3 days to get the dates. I would follow up with your doctors and ask for serial betas done 48 hours apart. The doubling speed I got was 90 hours, and when you are under 1,200 hcg we would expect to see a doubling time of 48-72 hours or less. But I have seen healthy pregnancies with a slower doubling rate. Spotting in early pregnancy can be normal, but I am concerned about the doubling time. Sorry but I want to make sure you get it checked out. Better safe than sorry. Fxed.

You should triple in 3 days with a doubling speed of 48 hours. It's exponentially increasing. In a week your original number should have a little more than quadrupled. If you were doubling in two days, it should have increased 16x

I.e. 204 doubles in 72 hours means
4w6days is 408
By 5w2 is 816
By 5w5 is 1632

204 doubles in 48 hours
4w5d is 408
5w is 816
5w2 is 1632
5w4d 3264

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 9
I agree with Dobby. Although my beta was 611 4w3d then 1090 4w6d then 1990 5w1d and I delivered a healthy boy. But non doubling beta hcg combined with bleeding usually is a sign something is wrong.

Sorry for the lateness in my reply ladies, you were all correct, i ended up misscarrying that night 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->