Help! Progesterone Levels Low - should I be worried

MrsKitty

Reaction score
I had my pregnancy confirmed today with bloods taken, my hcg was high and as it should be but my progesterone was border line so I have been given pessaries and have to have bloods done again in a few days. I have checked online and think maybe a lot of the guides are in usa measurements. Mine was 57.5 and my clinic likes it to be 60. I am 4 weeks + 5 and I am really worrying this is a bad sign? Can anyone advise more about the levels? Thank you.

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Can't advise you on levels as I think they are measured differently here in Ireland but I was on progesterone pessaries for the first 30 weeks of my pregnancy and totally relate to the anxiety you're feeling.

My levels were 11 to begin with and 127 at 30 weeks.

These are the guidelines I was given for the way my hospital laboratory measures levels

• 9-47 ng/ml First trimester

• 17-146 ng/ml Second Trimester

• 49-300 ng/ml Third Trimester

So even at 127 at 30 weeks I was still on the low side for 3rd Tri.

Stay positive - it's great that you've been given progesterone support so early and I wish you all the best in your pregnancy. :)

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Can't advise you on levels as I think they are measured differently here in Ireland but I was on progesterone pessaries for the first 30 weeks of my pregnancy and totally relate to the anxiety you're feeling.

My levels were 11 to begin with and 127 at 30 weeks.

These are the guidelines I was given for the way my hospital laboratory measures levels

• 9-47 ng/ml First trimester

• 17-146 ng/ml Second Trimester

• 49-300 ng/ml Third Trimester

So even at 127 at 30 weeks I was still on the low side for 3rd Tri.

Stay positive - it's great that you've been given progesterone support so early and I wish you all the best in your pregnancy. :)

Thank you, I feel reassured that you have progressed well in your pregnancy. I am pleased that I had the test done, it was only because we had paid private as had been trying for a while. Thank you for your response, this has really made me feel a bit more positive. :)

Not very helpful but I've been on pessaries since ovulation (actually egg collection) and I'm on them till 14 weeks.

I'm currently 10 weeks with a healthy baby but I've never had my progesterone levels tested.

xx

Not very helpful but I've been on pessaries since ovulation (actually egg collection) and I'm on them till 14 weeks.

I'm currently 10 weeks with a healthy baby but I've never had my progesterone levels tested.

xx

I was actually due to have my ivf discussion in a couple of weeks but we got pregnant naturally. I think they are treating me with the precaution that they do ivf ladies. But yeah I do not know how to judge the numbers. Can I ask a question? I was told I could use the pessaries vaginally or in my erm bum, and thought I would put them in bum because you lose less. Just wondering what advise you were given? Thanks for replying and congrats! x

I was told front or back.

I was using front but after some spotting I now use back as I find it cleaner and they can irritate your cervix and make you spot in the front.

Hope that's helpful.

xxx

I use the back door too! Mine is also an ivf pregnancy but never had my pogrsterone tested. I'm 5 weeks today and I think they keep me on them until 12 weeks xx

My doc had instructed me to insert vaginally but I always lay down for a while after insertion to make sure the pessary had dissolved. This was a pain in the morning cos I set the alarm an hour early to make sure I was laying down long enough. I didn't have any difficulties with spotting though so that might make a difference for others. Once the progesterone is getting successfully into your system I'd say it makes no difference.

Odd how every clinic is different. I know some girls that stopped at OTD!

I don't think I'm gonna like stopping them at 14 weeks!

I thought I would update as it might help reassure anyone searching on the subject. Well so far so good, my follow up bloods show a rise in progesterone to 71 and hcg to 11,720. I have to continue with pessaries till my scan next week and see what consultant says. Fingers crossed baby continues to settle in!

I started progesterone 200 mg x2 a day at 5 weeks. I just stopped taking it yesterday, my level was 1.0... And I've seen my babe 3 times and everything seems great! Good luck girlie!

I started progesterone 200 mg x2 a day at 5 weeks. I just stopped taking it yesterday, my level was 1.0... And I've seen my babe 3 times and everything seems great! Good luck girlie!

Aw thank you! Great to here is all going well, its reassuring! You take care. :hugs:

I thought I would update as it might help reassure anyone searching on the subject. Well so far so good, my follow up bloods show a rise in progesterone to 71 and hcg to 11,720. I have to continue with pessaries till my scan next week and see what consultant says. Fingers crossed baby continues to settle in!

Great news, thank you for updating! Hope all goes well now at your scan next week. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->