Help - sleeping

marley2580

Reaction score
Kaya goes to bed at 7pm (ish), I feed her to sleep in our bed as we still co-sleep with her (and want to until she is able to walk). We tend to go to bed at about 11pm, and Kaya usually wakes once or twice in that time. For a while she was only waking about three times between 11pm and 7am for feeds but this last week she's had me up 6 or 7 times in the night, sometimes for a feed and sometimes just for a suck.

So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. I don't expect her to sleep through, as she's only 6 months, but going back to waking less often would be good.

hiya :hi:

Is it bottle or breast feeding? I'm guessing if its breastfeeding you could be used as a comforter at night maybe? Or it could be a growth spurt? Or is Kaya on solids and this maybe needs tweaked abit?

I would say this could be a solids issue as Kaya is right at that time when she'll want more than mums milk/formula.

she's breastfed. I have started her on solids, but tbh she won't take more than a spoonful of solids at all. Tonight I tried fresh apple puree and, when she wouldn't take more than a taste, I tried baby rice, which she also just spat out. I'm just not convinced that she's ready for solids, she's just not that interested in them.

Poss more hungry?

Caitlin now has her feeds, puree fruits at lunch & puree dinner (spag, casserole etc) for dinner) going to do combo from next week a lil blw so she will have that but toast with first bottle (brekkie). She has been sleeping through for a good while now but is wakening early which we think is because shes getting more hungrier/more of an appetite.

Unless anyone in the bed snores and her ears are more sensitive :rofl:

Oh I read just because baby turns nose up at one thing doesn't mean she will forever - I give Caitlin as many diff tastes as poss tbh some she likes or takes to more but shes getting there ...not too fond on the blant baby rice either & I noticed with the fruits it took her a while to get use to the sweet taste.

So far Kaya has tried - apple, apple and pear, carrots, swede, baby rice, banana, melon and mango. She likes some of them, she really liked the banana, but she'll still only take a couple of spoonfuls even when she likes the taste.

I really think, it's 'cos she is more hungry!

I had the same issue with Juleika, since she has solids at lunch she sleeps deeply again at night! before she was never able to fall asleep deeply and woke about every two hours!

it can take some time until they accept new foods and in the beginning she will wonder: what's that?

just keep on offering her the foods and maybe try not to change the taste every day.

good luck :hi:

she's breastfed. I have started her on solids, but tbh she won't take more than a spoonful of solids at all. Tonight I tried fresh apple puree and, when she wouldn't take more than a taste, I tried baby rice, which she also just spat out. I'm just not convinced that she's ready for solids, she's just not that interested in them.

my little girl hated baby rice:dohh: and wasnt even that fussed till just after 6 months as well but within a week it all changed and she found her appetite :)
just keep offering food and stick with what she likes till she ups her quantities. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->