Help Sleeping

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
Okay so I probably already know the answer to this, but does anyone know if there's ANYTHING you can take for sleeping when pregnant? Even if its doctor prescribed? I can't function like this anymore, I'm running off an hour - hour 1/2 sleep every night for the past 3 weeks. I just need to sleep for more than a couple hours. I can't keep my legs still at night at all, no matter what way I lay I'm in crazy pain all the way down my legs now. It just keeps getting worse. I'm over tired and extremely bitchy and I just can't even motivate myself to do anything because all I want to do is sleep.

So anything? At all? Or if not, any natural ways that you know can help knock you out(sleep wise) for a bit?

Sorry hun - I wish I could help you out with this one. Have you been to the docs? Even they have to be sympathetic to only 1 hours sleep every night!!!
:hug:

I mentioned it to him but he seemed to think it was normal, but I don't think the amount of discomfort i get in my legs at night is "normal". I have to pace around my house all night

When did you see him? Is it worth going back and saying it's getting worse?

Sounds like restless legs. I was reading up on cramp a couple of weeks ago and I'm sure I read something about deficiencies exacerbating restless legs, maybe calcium? Can't quite remember... Worth a google though.

Im not sure about being able to take anything to help when pregnant. And i dont know what else could make you sleep, iv tryed alot myself and nothing works!!! I would go back to your doctor because that doesnt sound good, it cant be good to only have that much sleep.

a few drops of lavender oil on the pillow sometimes helps me go to sleep but not sure if they say you can use it during pregnancy or not? It helps relax your muscles and your mind!!!! :) x x

Drink lots of milk! Sounds like a calcium problem. Although for a couple weeks I couldn't sleep either... And now I can sleep all the time lol!

I think I read somewhere about restless legs being due to a lack of potassium? I know you get potassium in Bananas, so maybe try eating one in the evening?

x

I have read that those pregnancy pillows are good but havent tried them myself!! I dont know what else to suggest sorry!!

x

Ugh I looked it up and apparently restless leg syndrome (if thats what it is) is caused by iron deficiency in pregnancy. I'm already getting blood work done to check my iron levels tomorrow for other reasons, so I guess we'll find out.

I have a pregnancy pillow, it just makes it worse

:hugs: no words of advice but big hugs. I have lots of insomnia at the moment but no leg problems. Are you swimming? It might help to tire you out.

I was just going to say restless legs is common when anemic.... lol another joy eh???? I used to get really restless legs and after a couple of weeks ( yes sorry that long) on iron tablets it disappeared. Good luck to you with the bloods! x

Chamomile tea helps you to relax. I drink it every night and Ive started sleeping ok. Although my hubby has restless legs and he runs his feet under the cold tap in the bath for a few minutes before bed and that seems to work. Sorry cant help anymore...its such a pain not being able to sleep!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->