Help Someone is stealing from me!!!

Rockell8788

Reaction score
I have noticed money been going missing recently from my own home!!!!! Basically my dh has money for work in a bag and we counted it Thursday night after his shift as he was off for 4 days. Counted it 3 times and wrote how much of each. We went to visit family Friday night came back late Saturday and was out Sunday. When he got to work money £15 was missing. Very odd we hadn't been home and neither of us had taken it and out of reach from dd.
So someone has come into our home and taken it. We have a suspicion as to who. Well this evening that person was over for a chat I had a few quid on my kitchen side and knew exactly how much. I asked this person to watch my babies whilst I popped to the shops and £1.10 was missing??? And I can't find it thinking I maybe knocked it somewhere.

I'm hoping it is the person im thinking of stealing as whoever it is has been coming into my home either when I'm asleep or whilst I'm not in and I'm rather frightened at the moment.

This person In question has been a life Long friend and I'm upset that they couldn't have asked me rather than stealing from me. Im not angry just upset and I won't drop a friend over something so petty as money, after all money isn't everything.

So how do I approach this person an tell them I'm aware where my missing money has been going and that im hurt and that friends don't steal and to ask in future. and do you think I Shoukd purposely put money out where they will see and if it goes missing then iv solid proof before throwing accusations about.

A friend of mine had been in this situation before... And she purposely put some change on the kitchen side and some notes screwed up.. She knew exactly how much was there.. She then asked that person to go into the kitchen to make a drink.. When her friend had gone she counted the money and some was missing.. Maybe try that??

A good thing also is to write serial numbers down off notes.. And if you did want to catch them out.. There'd be noway out of matching serial numbers!!

I think I would want to catch them out just because if you accused them they would probably try making you feel guilty for saying you thought that of them.

This may be a really silly question but how does someone get into your home when you're not in and asleep to steal the money? Do you share with this person or do they have their own key?

It doesn't look good for them though really does it.

Personally I would mention that you are really concerned that money keeps going missing and let them know you are aware that someone is stealing. I don't think you'd ever get the stolen money back as you can't prove it, but maybe letting them know that you're aware you're being stolen from may hopefully make them stop.

And you could never get them to empty their pockets anyway. If you accuse you can hardly force them to empty their pockets and check the money against serial numbers too, if they refused to do it, you couldn't manhandle them could you :shrug:

This may be a really silly question but how does someone get into your home when you're not in and asleep to steal the money? Do you share with this person or do they have their own key?

It doesn't look good for them though really does it.

Personally I would mention that you are really concerned that money keeps going missing and let them know you are aware that someone is stealing. I don't think you'd ever get the stolen money back as you can't prove it, but maybe letting them know that you're aware you're being stolen from may hopefully make them stop.

And you could never get them to empty their pockets anyway. If you accuse you can hardly force them to empty their pockets and check the money against serial numbers too, if they refused to do it, you couldn't manhandle them could you :shrug:

Well u live in flats with intercom system and my neighbour has a fob incase of emergencies and a key was hidden in our secure cupboard by our door. The person in question so happens to be staying there at the moment. Iv now remove my key and taken my fob back.

I wouldn't ask him to empty his pockets but agree perhapse I should just mention about to him so he knows I'm on to him. I'm getting my locks changed tomorrow as well just for my piece of mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->