Help! Spotting!

katieandfras

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
Ok so just noticed rownish blood in my knickers - nothing when I wipe but not sure what to do? I dont have a midwife yet? Really freaking out!

Stay calm hun! Brown blood means old blood and is so so common!! Relax and put your feet up! If ypu are still worried tomorrow call your gp xxx

Firstly keep calm. Listen to your instincts

Secondly call NHS direct, or your local early pregnancy unit? NHS direct helped me when I had spotting. Go with your instincts, if you feel you need to go to A&E, go - that's what hospitals are there for, don't let them make you feel otherwise. Seek all e help you need.

Good luck. I found them helpful and reassuring.

I have been spotting non stop for 3 weeks, as of one week ago everything was fine and on track so try not to stress too much! It is always necessary to check with a doctor, but just remember that some of us spot for no apparent reason!

I have been spotting off and on for 4 weeks. Its been hard, but as long as you are not cramping you should be fine. If you have red blood and cramping Id cal la midwife.

So I went to the doctors, he was v unhelpful and unsympathetic :(

He just said well it could be a miscarriage and if so nothing we can do and he wont refer e to an ultrasound as "theres no point as we cant do anything"

So now I have to sit here worrying!!

Im so annoyed as he has no clue! He said oh itll be your 10 week nuchal scan soon anyway! U think he means 12 weeks!!

So stressed out now

Thank you all for your kind words :flower:

if you went to the doctors i'd go to a&e and not tell them you went to the docs!! i had spotting and a&e got me a scan the next day!!

So I went to the doctors, he was v unhelpful and unsympathetic :(

He just said well it could be a miscarriage and if so nothing we can do and he wont refer e to an ultrasound as "theres no point as we cant do anything"

So now I have to sit here worrying!!

Im so annoyed as he has no clue! He said oh itll be your 10 week nuchal scan soon anyway! U think he means 12 weeks!!

So stressed out now

Thank you all for your kind words :flower:

That is awful!!! Some doctors dont realize how emotional this is for us. Try to stay positive about the spotting. I know how hard it is, as every day I have it I freak out, and i have yet to go a day in over 3 weeks without it. LIke I said, I am not sure if things are still ok, but as of 7 and a half weeks, everything was fine and I had been spotting considerably before that. I read that when you are miscarrying the spotting turns into bleeding, like a period. It sounds like that hasn't happened to you, which is good! Stay positive!!

So after freaking out and being told ill "have to wait and see" if the babies fine at 12 week scan I booked a private scan yesterday. Baby is fine! They couldnt tell me why I was bleeding but they put my dates forward a few days and am so very relieved!

Thank you all for your support, im just so angry that I had to pay for a scan when I ve paid tax and NI for 12+ years! Never going back to that doctor again, im very tempted to put in a complaint !

Thank goodness!!! I'm so happy to see the good news!

So pleased for you and thank you for your thread. I've been having some brown discharge with wee and really worried. Mw said only to worry if red and with cramps, but you do worry don't you.

Thank you
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->