Help Understanding Statement of fitness for work note

Becci_Boo86

Reaction score
Hi ladies, Well i have been off work already for 10day this will finish on Monday 25th.

My GP has just signed me off again for another 10days but on the note it says this

I assessed your case on 23/03/12 (today)

then at the bottom under the bit about 10days and the doctors signature it says

Date of Statement 28/03/12

does that mean my new sick note start on the 28th?

this is ok cos monday and tuesday r my days off anyway so i wouldnt have to be in but i just dont understand it!!

thanks Becci x

Hi.

Is the 28th the day that the doctor is saying that he's signed the sick note?
If so then the note is written illegally. You can't post date a sick note - it's valid from the day that is was issued only.

Well it says he saw me 2day on it and that the date he put must be from when my last one finished? could that be it? xx

It sounds like he's saying that he saw you today and he is effectively signing you off from 28th.
I used to work in the benefits agency and we wouldn't of accepted that as a dr can't post date a certificate.
Is this for your work or for benefits?

If it's for work then they may accept it as the person doing HR might not be bothered.
As i said - for benefit purposes we'd only accept it from the date of signing.

He might of just got confused with the date, if your work don't accept it just ring the Drs reception and they can get the Dr to redo a note, you won't need to go back in to see him x

For work purposes a sick note can be post dated so he may have put the 28th if your last note signs you off until then. I've signed myself off for a week and my gp has given me a note signing me off for two weeks starting the following week when my self certified period ended. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->