HELP!-Weaning Virgin!!!!-I need advice!

Yes, some kids might be ready before 6mo but MOST babies aren't until around 6mo and just because they are interested in food doesn't make them ready.

I agree in this. Because my baby showed signs like that since 2 months old; licking lips, drooling, watching me eat but i knew he was not ready. The doctor told me to start with veggie puree just a couple of teaspoons at 4 months but i waited 3 weeks later and started with 2-3 teaspoons
He's a big boy, 22lbs at 5 months and you would think he must eat a lot but NO
He took the food but 2-3 teaspoons and that;s it. Breastmilk is still enough for him atm. but some days i give him a bit of veggie puree. I don't give any rice rusk or cereal.
I believe everything you give to your baby (not just yours, i mean any babies) will effect them in later life
mil told me to give him some toast or bread sticks or fruits juice from supermarket but there;s no goodness in it, so i only cook fresh veggie for him

Thanks for starting this thread, I fel the same - although it seems to have got a little heated!! I have recently started thinking of weaning Liv (I have the equipment and baby rice at the ready!) but am a little apprehensive, I think because its a totally new thing to do! I am not totally sure if she is ready although she is a big baby (18lbs 9 1/2ozs at 18 weeks) but she is totally draining her 7oz bottle and whenever she has reached this stage I have increased her feed, my HV has advised not to put her on an 8oz bottle but to wean her when I feel ready and she seems to want it - she advised not before 20 weeks as a guideline but to be honest I have decided that I will know best as her mum. Am going to leave it for another week or so as she is still sleeping through at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->