Help! What does a contraction feel like?

wifey2013

Reaction score
I don't think I've had any or BH. Is this normal? What will they feel like exactly?

For me BH feel like a tightening of my stomach. They don't hurt but sometimes I get an uncomfortable feeling like my stomach is turning over inside! Real contractions didn't hurt much at first, with my son I thought I had constipation pains as it was that pressure of needing to go to the toilet, but then I realised it was happening every few minutes so it must be contractions!

Thanks, I have some cramping sometimes, but it doesn't feel like tightening. Who knows. I have my 40 week OB apt on Monday and will ask him then. I haven't been checked for effacement/dilation in about 4 weeks so I'll have him check that too.

The good ones for me remind me of a charlie horse. In fact this is how I described it to hubby. The look on his face was priceless. Past that BH for me feel like a torso hug or squeeze.

I got my first BH at 36 weeks. To me it felt like someone reaching up, grabbing the bottom part of my uterus and giving it a firm squeeze. For me, they are painful, but not unbearably so. As for contractions, when I was getting strapped up for my non stress test on Tuesday, the tech informed me that I was in the middle of a rather strong one, however I felt nothing...so kind of worried about that lol. So not sure exactly how those feel just yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->