**HELP** What the best time of the day to use a OPK?

moochacha

LTTTC - Mum to Cody (11)
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I've just started using CB digi ovulation tests when is the best time to use it? On the packaging it says first thing in the morning. I thought there wasn't enough LH in the system with fmu?

I've never got a positive from a OPK so I was wondering what time others use their OPK?

Thanks x

i used to do it about 3pm hun, they say not to test first thing as lh is present in some form in fmu so its best not to test then, make sure you testy at around the same time everyday or even test twice a day or you may miss your sugre hun xx

I do mine at around 3pm :]
Twice a day sometimes.
xx

I do mine either 12pm or 5pm... But I my last cycle I did at 10pm when I got home from a day out and had the best line! I'll probably start testing more around 7-8pm this cycle! x

i think it varies. i may have not ovd this cycle but i may have missed my surge

Thanks guys I might test around 7-8pm then because I work out every morning and drink way too much water to test mid day!

You girls have been great thanks a bunch :flower:

I go against the rule - the only time I ever get a + is with fmu.

Yep.. I guess it might be an idea to order in a batch of ic's and test morning, midday and evening to see what you get! I always worry I'll miss mine too! x

i think i missed mine this month. either that or i didnt ov wich would explain me being 3 days late xx

This should answer most of your questions!

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

I have gotten + opks at night and in the morning. I think it doesn't really matter so long as you have held your pee for a while and it isn't diluted. Some opks say to use FMU others say not to....I would go by what the opk says....or just test twice a day like me, once in the AM and once in the PM. Then it won't matter!

The only positives I've had with OPK's are late evening! Could this give a false positive as the leaflet says to test between 10am and 8pm? xx

I got my best positive last month at 9pm so I wouldn't just go by the time on the instructions - everybody is different and can produce LH at different times of the day.

It was my first time using them last month and I tested 2-3 times a day to make sure I caught the surge. As it turned out, my surge lasted 24 hours so I got a positive at 9pm then 12pm & 5pm the following day.

if you get a bilk but of ics hun you can test twice a day then you will def knoiw if you ov or not xx

Thanks Reds and Schnoodle. My cycle is really screwed up at the mo and I haven't been ovulating so still not convinced I will, even with positive OPK's. I had a positive a few days ago but haven't Ov'd, then negatives, but another positive last night. Think I'll keep testing in the evenings as at least I've had a couple of positives that way! Gives me hope! Am temping too so hopefully that'll confirm if or when I Ov. But BDing every other day is exhausting! Lol. Thanks again xxxxxxxx

My first cycle TTC#2 back in Oct 2009 I got heaps of IC's and test 3+ times a day and never got a positive. Not sure about that brand though so this is my first cycle using Clomid and the Doctor told me to use OPK's so I went out and got Clear Blue digi's in the instructions they say most women find it easier to test first thing in the morning. Which goes against everything I read about OPK's. I could buy heaps of them but they cost like $49 for a pack of 7 lol.

I'm getting a OvaCue for next cycle so I don't want to waste loads of dosh. Thanks for the site keyahopes.

Thanks everyone you gave me peace of mind I was totally confused what time I should test.

From my chart my ovulation date is always CD17 besides the month I got pregnant which was CD 15. Though I'm a slow raiser I can't really be sure if I actually ovulated on those dates.

I use cheapo ones off of ebay and when I get a faint line I switch to digi tests. I normally test around 7pm and thats always worked but did last digi one first thing in the morning and got a smiley face x

I use cheapo ones off of ebay and when I get a faint line I switch to digi tests. I normally test around 7pm and thats always worked but did last digi one first thing in the morning and got a smiley face x

Hmmm yeah I was wondering about trying that. I'm using IC's too but not convinced they're always accurate so I thought I might double check with digi's

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->