HELP - what will happen?

CazC

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am new to this and desperately in need of advice.
A couple of months ago I went to the GP to ask for advice as I was not getting pregnant. I'm 37. (On folic acid, had done the OPT which appeared ok)
She sent me for blood tests - it came back with abnormal LH at 9.7 and FSH 3.7, so querying PCO. I had a scan and results of enlarged and PC left ovary but ok on right, and a septate womb.
I have now been referred straight to the infertility clinic at local hospital (Colchester - Dr Marfleet).
What is likely to happen next?
Appointment not due until Jan - which seems an age away so I may try to seek a consultation privately if it is worth it. Any advice about what I should be expecting and what will happen at the first appointment, or course of treatment they will suggest and what should I be asking for, would be most helpful.
Thank you

Ah hun... sorry I don't know what is next or really have any advice. BUT- certainly can't hurt to talk to somone sooner. Jan is forever away when your TTC... maybe seek someone who is a naturopathic doc or acupuncture- some natural to help for now as well... it certainly cannot hurt.

Wanted to wish you the best of luck and lots of baby dust!!!!!

Feel bad for you. Trying and not getting is bad enough. You must be upset and worried at the findings. But imagine if you'd kept on trying before querying it and being investigated. It really IS great that they know what the potential problems are and you will get good medical support now.

I have pcos and got pregnant naturally - but it was a total flook. If you have the medical support and good advice then there are really good chances of getting pregnant. Loads of women with pcos do. And you've got one good ovary! Just need to get the other issue dealt with.

I would ask about a private appointment and the cost implications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->