Help with baby monitor?

Camia

Reaction score
I'm due with #1 soon and tonight my boyfriend and I figured we should test out the baby monitor we got a while back (a VTech audio only one). As soon as we turned it on he got a horrible headache and we had to immediately turn it off. I didn't hear anything and wasn't affected at all so we figure he must be sensitive to the frequency or something along those lines. Has anybody else run into this problem or know of what to do about it? Is there a brand that might be better? I tried looking around on Google but can't seem to find any mention of this problem at all. I work from home so I really want a way to keep tabs on baby as needed but obviously don't want my boyfriend suffering.

How strange. Sorry it affected him that way. No advice as I never had that issue with my vtech audio baby monitor.

If it has to do with frequencies then maybe get a monitor that connects to wifi??

Perhaps it was a coincidence, or even the stress of it suddenly being ‘real’ that a baby was on its way. That sort of thing can cause very real very painful headaches. Can you try putting it on again, maybe when he’s not aware of it, before you spend money on something that might not be any different.
People are sensitive to different things though. It might not be the monitor frequency either, but a high pitched whine from the power supply -that gives me headaches, but not usually immediately. I feel awful when a storm is on its way because of the air pressure, but many around me don’t notice.

What is the brand of your monitor? You may need to contact them directly. I have a monitor that connects directly to the phone and at first, it makes white noise, then a squeak, but over time it is gone. Or replace it with a model that only transmits images to the phone, there will be no sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->