Help with car!!!!! : (

Scottish mum

Reaction score
Sorry nothing to do with baby today but....

On returning from nursery run I reversed into my garage the car bumper on the left side corner is all scratched!

Now I'm terrified to tell my oh as it's just been painted as I bumped it whilst pregnant a few times : ( and my husband went mental I mean didn't talk to me for days!!

I'm now terrified!! Don't know what to do!! I'm going to a car garage and see if there is something I can use as its not going back into the garage the cars not new and its not worth the money!!

Should I text him and tell him now? He's at work : ( or try and do what I can! I'm honestly thinking divorce court ahhhhhh x

You can buy car paint in a spray can like this - https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs...logId=10151&top=Y&categoryId=165505&langId=-1 if you can find the right colour for your car. I'm not entirely sure but I think you need to sand where the scratch is first and mask off the area before you spray it. Then buff with a dry cloth once the paint has dried. As long as it hasn't got a big dent in it that should stop your OH noticing.

There's no dent thankfully ill go into halfords today and have a look to match the paint I'm sure Toyota had given me a sample of the paint! I'm stressing so much x

Aww it'll be ok. You can ask the staff in halfords if you need some help. They can probably tell you what colour you need aswell. It's really not that big a deal, your husband is overreacting :hugs:

Is it deep scratches? If its just light then they will polish out if you use t cut, again colour match it. I also reversed into my hut and it was scratched but i used t cut and polished till i couldnt polish anymore. Also drive about and get the car dirty afterwards and he wont notice. If he does blame it on someone else and acted shocked when he shows you it. My mum always tells my dad it must have happened in asdas car park!

What they said is pretty bang on!

U can buy the touch up paint and buff it back a bit and paint it ... Be sure to blend the paint (over spray a bit) because if u just mask it off and paint a square it will be hell obvious...

If the scratches aren't deep as pp said u may be able to just polish and get them out...

Good luck

I hope ur oh doesn't get too upset :(

Oh dear, tell your oh that there are people in much worse positions than having a bump in a car. It's a material object and in the grand scheme of things is pretty minor! X

hope he realizes that car bumpers aren't worth getting his boxers in a wad. hugs xx

Thanks girls! He is sooo over reacting but it doesn't help how he acts I've told him in the past that there's people that are in worse positions a car is just bloody metal but he still goes nuts!

It's a bit deep I see black! Ill take it today and buff my heart out. I've tried to say I didn't notice it before and let's just say we didn't speak for two days!!! He thinks I'm careless x

Oh god it's just a car, tbh I would not sneak about trying to sort it behind his back, that's awful he makes you feel you need to do that

Although, maybe he was angry because he was worried about you and lo being safe if you had a few bumps already?

I did the same thing when I was pregnant. Reversed the car onto the drive and hit the fence!! Oh was fine about it, thought he'd get annoyed.
But he told me its just a car! Even though it was a lovey little car, he cared more I was upset!

Accidents happen, so just tell him.

We look back and laugh now :)
Xx

If its just scuffed spray some WD-40 on it and wipe with a rag. The scuffs will come right off. If the clearcoat is scratched just fill in with nail polish (don't get the cheap stuff). If its scratched to the paint then I would honestly go to the dealer and get color matched paint.

Or you could go with the "it was that way when I came out of the store so someone must have backed into it" story. The damage would still be there but at least it would take the heat off of you.

Personally I would tell him to grow the bleep up that its a bleeping car and then try one of the strategies above.

Hi girls a wee update I ended up texting him and he was ok. The first thing he said was are you both ok! So it's fine and he's saw the damage and says its not as bad as he thought! Maybe since Los here he realises that there's more to life or maybe it was all my lies about the damage in the past : /

Weird thing is my oh is so laid back so it's weird he gets so nuts about the bloody car!

Goodness, it's just a car. Glad he took it alright though.

Ah glad you told him :)
Some things aren't worth stressing over xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back