Help with keeping positive although induction is looming

Discussion in 'Home & Natural Birthing' started by pinkclaire, Jun 5, 2011.

  1. pinkclaire

    pinkclaire Mummy to two under 2

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2009
    Messages:
    6,970
    Likes Received:
    0
    I know I still have a week until they will start pressurising me into this, but also I really want to birth in my local BC as I had such a amazing experience with James and that window is starting to close.I need encouragement as I'm sure me stressing out about the possibilities is not helping me go into labour!!

    Anyone know any statistics on how many people go over 14 days? Like a %? I'm hoping it's really small as i need to start believing I can go into labour naturally! My dates are scan dates, from my LMP I'm already 15 days over!
     
  2. Mum2b_Claire

    Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

    Joined:
    Mar 2, 2009
    Messages:
    16,804
    Likes Received:
    0
    All I know is that about 80% of women give birth between 37 and 42 weeks, but the other 20% obviously includes people who gave birth earlier than 37 weeks, so it is quite a small percentage that go over 42 weeks.

    I had the same issue with the birth centre when I was having Ruby. Luckily I went naturally at 41+2. Had an attempted sweep the day before and things seemed to kick off from there.

    Good luck!
     
  3. pinkclaire

    pinkclaire Mummy to two under 2

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2009
    Messages:
    6,970
    Likes Received:
    0
    Thanks I am just starting to lose faith! Xx
     
  4. Mervs Mum

    Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

    Joined:
    Dec 29, 2007
    Messages:
    20,523
    Likes Received:
    0
    You can and you will labour if you just allow your body but you're also right that stressing about it moves it further away because of th adrenalin you're producing.

    Sit down and resign yourself to the fact that you can't control when your labour will naturally start but you CAN control induction! Have a cry and get on with enjoying life with your little boy before your family changes xx
     
  5. snugglebot

    snugglebot Very blessed

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2009
    Messages:
    11,685
    Likes Received:
    0
    I went into labour the night before my scheduled inducting (I was at 41+6 or something crazy). I had two sweeps before that though. It was agonizing to wait before labour began. I cried so hard. Especially since my mom who had rebooked her flights multiple times waiting for my baby, HAD to leave the night my labour started (It was in the airport I felt the pains). So sad.

    In the end, 100% drug free (with the exception of one tylenol during the early part of labour when I thought I was getting the flu and wanted to sleep in preparation for my induction). Baby was 10lbs. It can happen for you. I hope it does. I wasn't very positive leading into my labour so I don't have advice just my story.

    EDIT!! I just saw your ticker :dohh: You had her!!! Fantastic!!! :rofl:
     
  6. pinkclaire

    pinkclaire Mummy to two under 2

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2009
    Messages:
    6,970
    Likes Received:
    0
    Lol yes the night after I posted this I think!
     
  7. snugglebot

    snugglebot Very blessed

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2009
    Messages:
    11,685
    Likes Received:
    0
    lol that is awesome!!! :) Congrats!
     
  8. pinkclaire

    pinkclaire Mummy to two under 2

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2009
    Messages:
    6,970
    Likes Received:
    0
    Oh and ps my mum and MIL left the night before as well, maybe they just don't want to meet their Nans lol.
     
  9. Bournefree

    Bournefree Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 14, 2009
    Messages:
    1,420
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hahaha!
    Well done mummy! Congratulations
    Xxx
     
  10. snugglebot

    snugglebot Very blessed

    Joined:
    Jan 4, 2009
    Messages:
    11,685
    Likes Received:
    0
    My mom told me had she known, she would have left a week earlier!!! No kidding!! I don't think I will invite her to "wait" next time. I will just call her to come up after baby is born.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice