Help with keeping positive although induction is looming

Discussion in 'Home & Natural Birthing' started by pinkclaire, Jun 5, 2011.

1. pinkclaire

pinkclaire Mummy to two under 2

I know I still have a week until they will start pressurising me into this, but also I really want to birth in my local BC as I had such a amazing experience with James and that window is starting to close.I need encouragement as I'm sure me stressing out about the possibilities is not helping me go into labour!!

Anyone know any statistics on how many people go over 14 days? Like a %? I'm hoping it's really small as i need to start believing I can go into labour naturally! My dates are scan dates, from my LMP I'm already 15 days over!

2. Mum2b_Claire

Mum2b_Claire Mummy to Ruby & Scarlett!

All I know is that about 80% of women give birth between 37 and 42 weeks, but the other 20% obviously includes people who gave birth earlier than 37 weeks, so it is quite a small percentage that go over 42 weeks.

I had the same issue with the birth centre when I was having Ruby. Luckily I went naturally at 41+2. Had an attempted sweep the day before and things seemed to kick off from there.

Good luck!

3. pinkclaire

Thanks I am just starting to lose faith! Xx

4. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

You can and you will labour if you just allow your body but you're also right that stressing about it moves it further away because of th adrenalin you're producing.

Sit down and resign yourself to the fact that you can't control when your labour will naturally start but you CAN control induction! Have a cry and get on with enjoying life with your little boy before your family changes xx

5. snugglebot

snugglebot Very blessed

I went into labour the night before my scheduled inducting (I was at 41+6 or something crazy). I had two sweeps before that though. It was agonizing to wait before labour began. I cried so hard. Especially since my mom who had rebooked her flights multiple times waiting for my baby, HAD to leave the night my labour started (It was in the airport I felt the pains). So sad.

In the end, 100% drug free (with the exception of one tylenol during the early part of labour when I thought I was getting the flu and wanted to sleep in preparation for my induction). Baby was 10lbs. It can happen for you. I hope it does. I wasn't very positive leading into my labour so I don't have advice just my story.

EDIT!! I just saw your ticker :dohh: You had her!!! Fantastic!!! :rofl:

6. pinkclaire

Lol yes the night after I posted this I think!

7. snugglebot

snugglebot Very blessed

lol that is awesome!!! :) Congrats!

8. pinkclaire

Oh and ps my mum and MIL left the night before as well, maybe they just don't want to meet their Nans lol.

9. Bournefree

Bournefree Well-Known Member

Hahaha!
    Well done mummy! Congratulations
    Xxx

10. snugglebot

snugglebot Very blessed

My mom told me had she known, she would have left a week earlier!!! No kidding!! I don't think I will invite her to "wait" next time. I will just call her to come up after baby is born.