Help with morning sickness

daniyaaq

Mom of 2 girls and 1 boy
Reaction score
So im only 4 weeks 1day and the dreaded ms came full force. I justjust need ideas for snacks or anything that will help. I know everyone swears by crackers but I can't them, that and peanuts.

Any other ideas ladies?

This might sound weird but watermelon and plain popcorn worked wonders for me!

Just eat little and often. I eat every couple of hours and it's the only thing that helps. Digestive biscuits (think they are called something different out of the uk) or dryish toast might also help.

Not much has woeked for me.. Everyday its different i went thru a bluberry phase until my stomach started rejecting it now im on a peach phase but dont thing thats going to last long.. Plain bread seems to be the only thing that i wont throw up i guess its so dry its hard yo come out

Also, some people say eat small, frequent meals, but for me, I just need to NOT eat for the whole morning (if I eat small meals in the morning, I'll be sick all day), and then I can eat small frequent meals in the afternoon and evening. Try a couple of things and see what works for you. I also find that I've been eating protein-heavy a few days, then I need to do carb heavy, then I need to do fruit/veg heavy. Stupid MS!

I have some chocolate milk before bed. Think it helps to keep me more full throughout the night which helps in the morning. Also a good way to get your calcium in.
Have you heard of preggy pops? I kept meaning to get them, I believe they're vitamin B mainly.
Ask you doctor/midwife about some medication? I got Diclegis and it's taken the edge off.
Hang in there! Poor thing, 4 weeks is so early to start 😔

My MS just started this week. (5weeks) Toast, apples, Watermelon & ice cold water are what have helped mine. unfortunately I only feel like eating crappy food (french fries and burgers later in the day, everything else makes me ill) But I have been eating apples and watermelon a ton!

I say eat whatever you can stomach and eat often. I get occasional nausea throughout the day and the only thing to help was to keep eating. Protein kept me fullest the longest. Carbs or something like a peanut butter sandwich was another good choice. Also make sure you keep up on your fluids. Being thirsty can sometimes be mistaken for hunger.

I did watermelon for a while, then strawberries and then grapes. I ate them ALL day between meals, it was my healthy grazing. I mixed in a cheese stick or almonds here and there for the protein. I literally had to eat no more than 20-30 mins apart or I felt awful....so I would pop a grape or whatever every few minutes and that helped. It took me a while to accept that I really did need to just give in and eat that often :dohh: It really helped. I can manage better now that my doc has me on Diclegis, but I still have to eat very often.

I also think it's all the fruit that's helped me stay regular.

The rule I've stuck with is eat whatever I can stomach and wear it out till I don't want it any more! My midwife agreed that's fine for 1st tri. Once we get past the morning sickness (as I pray I'm one of the lucky ones that will in 2nd tri) I'll be more picky about what I eat. This really refers to my meals....I've done good with the grazing...like I said lots of fruits.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->