Help with my chart

Pinky00

Reaction score
Hi ladies, have just started temping this month, same time every day before I get up. To me, my chart looks very erratic, FF did say I OV'd on CD10 but after this morning's temp it has changed it's mind!

Looking for some expert advice as I am unsure what it means!

Thanks in advance!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3563f0

:kiss:

your temp does look a little erratic...do you breathe through your mouth when you sleep? (that's why mine's so erratic). it looks like your temp just dipped a bit. that usually happens to me right before i o. it'll take a couple months of temping for you to really see a pattern. for now just keep using the opks to help you pinpoint it. gl!

It doesn't look like you've ovulated yet. Do you take your temp at the same time every morning? If you sleep with you're mouth open, be sure to close it for a few minutes before you take your temperature. Sending baby dust your way xx

Yes, I do sometimes sleep with my mouth open, but not always! I set my alarm and take my temp at 7am every morning. If I disregard the temp on CD 14 (when I am pretty sure I slept with my mouth open) then FF has me O on CD 11, but that seems a little early to me (I had a 36 day cycle last month).

CD11 is pretty early, especially if you normally have longer cycles. I would say that your temps look pretty low to be post-O temps. Every woman's body is different, so I guess it's not impossible, but even then your "post-O" temps don't look much different than pre-O... there's not really a defined shift.

Feel free to take a gander at my chart (in my signature). I also have lower temps and an up-and-down kinda thing going on... don't know if I sleep with my mouth open or not. I'm considering switching to temping vaginally next cycle as it should be more consistent.

This cycle's temps way more erratic than last cycle, but I think I may have finally O'd yesterday!

CD11 is pretty early, especially if you normally have longer cycles. I would say that your temps look pretty low to be post-O temps. Every woman's body is different, so I guess it's not impossible, but even then your "post-O" temps don't look much different than pre-O... there's not really a defined shift.

Feel free to take a gander at my chart (in my signature). I also have lower temps and an up-and-down kinda thing going on... don't know if I sleep with my mouth open or not. I'm considering switching to temping vaginally next cycle as it should be more consistent.

This cycle's temps way more erratic than last cycle, but I think I may have finally O'd yesterday!

Yes, it does look quite rocky like mine, I had a 36 day cycle last month so I guess I ovulate late-ish. On a positive note I had my first line on an OPK today, albeit a faint one....so hoping to O soon!

You had a significant dip on CD17, which could possibly indicate OV (my temp sometimes dips way below when I am ovulating). Best of luck!

One thing I didn't see mentioned was what brand BBT thermometer you are using. My first cycle temping I was using an unreliable brand (didn't know that at the time). Now I have a good brand and it works great. My chart last month was all over the place until I switched.

Just a thought...

jess...what brand was the "bad" one and what brand did you replace it with?

Your first month will look pretty weird. 1 being as you don't know what to look for and 2, FF doesn't have any past history to base upon.

Some women have a temp drop before Ov, I usually do. So you might see it spike in the next few days. Its also normal to get watery CM that turns to creamy, and back to watery, before turning egg white.

So just keep humping it out and checking all your signs.

Do you check your cervical position? Thats another good one. Your cervix rises right before Ov and drops after Ov and stays down until your next Ov. It will go back up if you are pregnant (but when this happens varies, sometimes it can be in the 2ww, sometimes its not til a few weeks after you've found out your pregnant)

jess...what brand was the "bad" one and what brand did you replace it with?

I had a Walgreens brand one, I replaced it with a BD. Here's a thread about unreliable BBT thermometers:https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/539645-please-read-faulty-bbt-thermometers-market.html.

Your first month will look pretty weird. 1 being as you don't know what to look for and 2, FF doesn't have any past history to base upon.

Some women have a temp drop before Ov, I usually do. So you might see it spike in the next few days. Its also normal to get watery CM that turns to creamy, and back to watery, before turning egg white.

Do you check your cervical position? Thats another good one. Your cervix rises right before Ov and drops after Ov and stays down until your next Ov. It will go back up if you are pregnant (but when this happens varies, sometimes it can be in the 2ww, sometimes its not til a few weeks after you've found out your pregnant)

The cervical position is considered a secondary sign though, because it is not always accurate. Mine stayed the same almost the whole cycle last month. It was always firm and slightly open, it just moved up and down a little.

The cervical position is considered a secondary sign though, because it is not always accurate. Mine stayed the same almost the whole cycle last month. It was always firm and slightly open, it just moved up and down a little.

Haha oops I worded that bad! I meant added with BBT and charting CM :dohh:

I pretty much do it all besides do OPK's only because after 9 cycles it would be a bit expensive :nope: I know I could get IC's but I have to test multiple times a day and I'd rather just have lots of sex and chart my temp :haha:

phew!!!! thanks jess. i've been using a bd because they had the highest rating on amazon.
okay...so my erratic bbt is just the fact that i'm a big gross mouth breather! :haha:
i've always wanted to try temping vaginally, but for some weird reason i can't explain, i'm embarrassed to do it with my dh around (even though he's a nurse and would totally understand):blush:

phew!!!! thanks jess. i've been using a bd because they had the highest rating on amazon.
okay...so my erratic bbt is just the fact that i'm a big gross mouth breather! :haha:
i've always wanted to try temping vaginally, but for some weird reason i can't explain, i'm embarrassed to do it with my dh around (even though he's a nurse and would totally understand):blush:

My DH thinks I'm strange for taking my temp every morning orally. I can imagine the look on his face if I grab the thermometer and stick it in my hoo-ha!

EDIT: Sorry for the lack of couth!

Stick to what you are doing this month though, and if you do temp vaginally, you'll have th change that info in FF.

But once you get those solid cross hairs, and see a solid thermal shift, you will probably realize that your temping just fine :) The first month is always the hardest. like I said FF has no previous history to go off on so it might give you your Ov date up to 5 days after it has passed.

i enjoyed your lack of couth! :thumbup:

I temp vaginally because I'm a mouth breather too. Plus my house is like 63 degrees at night with the fan on full blast.... lol. Try closing your mouth for a minute or two and warm up in your blankets. It should help. Don't start temping vaginally until your next cycle (if there is one ;) ) because vaginal temps are generally higher and can mess up your chart. All you need to do is get the little alcohol wipes to clean it off every night or every morning. xx

I temp vaginally because I'm a mouth breather too. Plus my house is like 63 degrees at night with the fan on full blast.... lol. Try closing your mouth for a minute or two and warm up in your blankets. It should help. Don't start temping vaginally until your next cycle (if there is one ;) ) because vaginal temps are generally higher and can mess up your chart. All you need to do is get the little alcohol wipes to clean it off every night or every morning. xx

thanks for the advice. i'm actually starting a new cycle tomorrow so it should be a smooth transition. i'm spotting already and have wretched cramps and a backache. i guess i'll be banished to assisted conception land :haha: as we have our first fs appt on friday. i'm just trying to keep my sense of humor about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->