Help with names please!

Lirpa11

Reaction score
We have a son already named Braxton. I was so stressed everyone would hate his name, but everyone loved it.

Now we are 4 months along with #2 and thinking of names. We will not find out if the baby is a boy or girl until the baby is in my arms. We like to go ahead and have 2 names chose so we are ready.

We really like girl names of Savannah, and Jolene. I just want a name that will be easy for our children so they are not forever spelling it and telling someone how to pronounce it. I am worried Savannah may be hard for some people to spell... and not 100% sold on Jolene.

We are from Georgia, a state in the southern US. If we didn't live in Georgia, I would name our girl Georgia (if we have a girl), but that might be weird having that name and growing up here...

As for a boy, we have come up with Dexter... but not much else. Dexter also sounds a bit nerdy to me so I don't know.

I joked with him we could call a boy Booger, or Earl Joe (both names I have heard on men here in Georgia) but he said no :haha:

Any thoughts on the girls names? Suggestions for boys? I like a strong masculine name for boys, but I want the names to be easy to spell an d pronounce so our children aren't forever correcting people and explaining their names for the rest of their lives. :shrug:

I love Dexter. And it goes well with Braxton I think!

I really like Savannah also, spelling wise, I don't think it's anymore difficult than say, Hannah really.

I can't say I'm a fan of Jolene however but that's just my own personal taste, there's nothing wrong with the name at all.

My son is Logan which I think is a strong name but also easy to spell and if this one's a boy were looking at potentially Hunter. I've found finding boys names so much harder though! Both pregnancies I've had girls names from the off haha!

Thank you! My husband and I both liked Dexter. I guess it kind of reminds me of Dexter's laboratory ( cartoon I remember as a kid), and the new series Dexter so I think of science. Don't get me wrong, I like science!

We've had Savannah picked out for years. Maybe we will stick to our guns on that one!

I think if you've had it for years then your holding on to it for a reason :) go for it. If you've liked it for that long, you may regret it if you don't use it.

I can see where your coming from with Dexter. And I think a lot of people make the connection to the name from either or both of those shows but it's a really nice name. I'd be considering it too if my partner didn't immediately say no! Fussy git!

I think Dexter and Braxton go so well together. I wouldn't worry about the nerdy aspect.

As for a girl I think Savannah is beautiful. It is a traditional spelling so it should be okay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->