• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Help with our girl name..

brittany12

Mommy x’s 2
Reaction score
We have finally decided on a girl name! we've been talking names since we got married 3 years ago. Boy name was easy to pick out. Tallen Drake.

Girl name on the other hand very difficult, but once I found out I was finally pregnant after almost 3 years we got down to business and finally decided on Layken.

I have 2 questions..

1) Would you spell it
-Laken
-Layken (I feel like this would be easier for people to figure out how to say if they didn't. I don't think its a hard name at all, but to some people it might be)

2) I've always wanted to use my middle name Lynn (its a family thing) but does Layken Lynn sound weird? You usually don't say someones first and middle name together anyway, but ya know..
these are our two choices:
-Layken (Laken) Lynn
-Layken (Laken) Harper

I personally like Layken Lynn. I love the Y spellings and Lynn is also a family name for me. Love it!

I like your choice of names! Very unique yet not crazy out there!! :thumbup:

I think Laken is okay because especially when read people should think of "taken" as opposed to lack-en if that's what you're thinking. Layken looks a bit odd IMO but also does make it more girly. Laekin is another option but is slightly OTT :shrug: just a suggestion if you want something different.

Laken Lynn does sound a bit much to me, but like you say you don't really use first and middle together all that much. The only time you'd have to say it is if you were yelling "Laken Lynn, come here right now!" just imagine if you can picture yourself saying that or not.
Laken Harper sounds lovely but then again I have Harper on my list and may be a bit bias

Thanks y'all! I prefer Laken but I was worried someone would think "lack-en" like you said. DH said he liked lake too and I don't need to worry about what other people think lol.. I do anyways though

I think if I don't use Lynn I'd regret it and the more I say it the less weird it sounds to me.. And I can see me yelling it haha! That's my first though with names!

Hey what about Lakelyn?
If Lynn means that much to you, DEFINITELY use it!! :thumbup:

I like Laken more than Layken and I knew immediately how to pronounce it so sont worry about that!

I think Laken Lynn is cute and has a good ring to it. I worried that my son Jack James didn't go or sounded funny but I had sentimental reasons behind his middle name too. And actually now he suits it so much I couldn't imagine any other name!

Thank you. I agree I think I'm too worried about the silly things.

I like Layken better for spelling. Of the 2 middle names I like Lynn better, but I think it is because I don't think Layken Harper has a good flow to it.

Layken Lynn is cute, but it's a lot of Ls, Ys, and Ns.

Cool name choices - prefer the spelling Tallon/Talon for your boy name - but i know that's not your question! :haha:

Laken is a nice name - i like this spelling. Bc it has "lake" in it, i think it wont be mispronounced. I like Laken Harper better - but Laken Lynn also flows well. (maybe depends what kind of name you're aiming for - Laken Harper sounds cool and trendy and Laken Lynn sounds sweet and "country-ish")

Similar choice: I have always thought the name Larken/Larkyn would be a nice name for a girl. I had a teacher in high school (Mr. Larkin) and even at that age i thought "that would make a beautiful name for a baby girl!" Haha - I've always been obsessed with baby names!! :wacko:

I prefer Layken Lynn. It's very lovely, and unusual. I agree spelling it Laken would invite a lifetime of mispronunciation, teachers might say Lak-en, like lack-in, when they call the roll. I have a friend on FB who's child is named Lake Louise and I just love that. They call her Lakey Lou, it's really cute. To me Layken Lynn flows much better than Layken Harper. And, for a nick name if you want you can call her Lake. My two cents :)
PS, I like your boy name too. Tallin the cool guy, the football player, or maybe tae-jitsu or mma fighter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->