Help with some dogs

mummylove

Reaction score
I want to get a dog and my DD keeps asking for one. So i was thinking of buying one for us but we can only really get a small dog as we dont have a massive house. Could anyone help with names of some small dogs please

King Charles spaniels are small - medium dogs and are very good natured with children. I would really think about it carefully though as dogs are a lot of work. Do u have many friends with dogs? Do u have many opportunities to spend much time with them? Also are u thinking of a puppy, older dog, rescue dog? I can recommend some good rescues x

Pomeranian. We had one when I was younger, My Nan now has her as when hers Spaniel died she was heartbroken and decided she wasn't returning ours after dog sitting while we went on holiday :haha:
I bought one for me and my boys a few weeks ago at 8 weeks old, they're lovely temperament and don't grow big either, plus they're all cute and fluffy :haha: but their hairs don't get everywhere as they don't really shed it :) x

King Charles spaniels are small - medium dogs and are very good natured with children. I would really think about it carefully though as dogs are a lot of work. Do u have many friends with dogs? Do u have many opportunities to spend much time with them? Also are u thinking of a puppy, older dog, rescue dog? I can recommend some good rescues x

I dont work so got everyday as im a SAHM. I wanted to get a puppy so it would be brought up around the kids. I av been told they are hard work so not going to rush into it

Im considering getting a dog too, but I would prefer quite a big dog, possibly a Labrador. We have 2 cats though, so need to seriously consider that.

My mother in law has a gorgeous little westie, really good with kids :flower:

Different people will tell u different things. I've always been told to never go for any terrier breeds to be around children but other people will swear they are the loyalist companions ever. Take a walk in ur local park a few weekends and see if there are any dogs u like the look of, then u can find out about the breed, temperament etc to see if its the right breed for u. I would recommend doing ur research into the breeds to be aware of what potential health issueS u could be faced with- each breed has vulnerabilities and u need to think about the expenses side of things. I would say mine cost me roughly 40-50 quid a month for food, plus extra some months for flea treatments, vaccinations , vets bills,, worming , grooming, dog sitting etc. there have also been emergency vet trips for thing which have cost £hundreds . All that said though I wouldn't swap mine for anything.

Chinese Crested are great dogs and great with kids. If you don't like the hairless go for the haired powderpuff variety (they are cute too, look like tiny little Afghan Hounds, but with great personalities).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->