Help with starting to use OPK's, I haven't got a clue!!!

BabyQ

Reaction score
Hello expert ladies of immense knowledge!

So I had my miscarriage very recently. However, I would like to TTC straightaway. I do of course want to wait until I stop bleeding.

I would like to begin to use OPK's, do I start to use them this month or do I really need to wait til my next period to have a clue when I should test? Can't I just randomly test in a week/fortnight or so? :shrug:

Help :wacko:

:flower:

I just tested from 2 weeks after the miscarriage. It can be hard to figure though so a new cycle(after your next period) would be better reeeeally - but I totally understand your decision

I started testing as soon as I got a negative pregnancy test - which was 1 week after the bleeding finished, and got my pos OPK straight away. I wanted to be sure I had a neg HPT as the OPK can pick you pregnancy hormones....

as SB said - for dating reasons it'd be easier to wait till af, but its totally up to you :)

good luck honey!

I tested as soon as I stopped bleeding i got my positive about 1 week after on clearblue smiley..

I use them they work really well for me..just a tip I buy the cheap ones and the clearblue smiley ones when i get a almost positive or what i think is a positive on the cheap ones I use the clearblue ones every 12 hrs. Once I get that clearblue smiley that is my positive..I can never tell for sure on the cheap ones!

good luck and hope you are coping well during this hard time xxxxx

I started testing a couple of weeks after my miscarriage (I first did one at 10 days past but it was positive as I had hcg still in my system) and it picked up the LH surge at day 18, ovulated day 20

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->