help with teeth extractions and dry socket

lynne192

mum 2 James & Libby
Reaction score
does anyone know how i can reduce pain from extractions and dry socket??? not able to see dental surgon until friday morning.

i got four teeth out last thursday under sedation and they were alright swollen and sore but thought they would have subsided, anyways been taking paracetimol and ibprofen but it gives me little relief.... at the start i took 2 day course of antibiotics which i think helped a little now i am using salt water, medicated mouth wash and trying to keep it clean, i think the clot has come away as it keps bleeding my blood is very thin and actually on blood thinners as had a PE in jan....

can't see dentist until friday as thats the earliest there is sadly :( so was wondering if there is anything i could do to ease the pain and help heal the extraction???

working to get all my teeth sorted for the wedding, plus would like for once in 5years to be painfree.

Hey sweetie

Stop using the medicated mouthwash as that will only aggravate the socket. Continue with the salt water, but the only way to make it less sore once you have a dry socket is to get to the dentist :hugs: I had my back molar pulled out today so I understand how you feel! Did you tell your dentist you were on the blood thinners? That wont be helping things either :hugs: I hope the dentist manages to sort it for you, I would phone tomorrow morning to check for cancellations, and again on Thursday, just in case xxx

they said they would phone if they had anything, they are a special clinic not a normal dentist so they are always booked to the max, they are brilliant though, yeah told them was on blood thinners and because its for PE they said to just stop the day before surgery so that they would beable to control the bleeding, the medicated mouth wash was given my the dentist to stop infection etc.... i dunno what to do i feel mega mega sick and think its because the dry socket :(

:hugs: dry sockets are nasty, I have had 3!

Clove oil works the best, its what the dentist packs the socket with. Be careful though because it burns like nobodys buisness.

You really need a dentist asap though, I hope they can work something out to get you in sooner.

Remember not to use straws!:flower:

don't drink out straws i have had extractions before but never had this problem in the past, thanks for letting me know they will pack it with clove oil i'm actually allergric to it so i'm glad i know now and can tell them... someone suggested whiskey but i don't drink so no sure?

i wish dentist would see me sooner, i asked for sooner but they said 11:30am on friday was the easier they have this week well the only appointment they have this week :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->