Help, worms!

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my little boy has worms, it looks like he has picked them up at nursery, luckily it isnt bothering him and I only know he has them cause they are in his poo. He had the medicine ovex on thursday but I can still see them today (Saturday), I have only seen 1 today and it was hardly moving at all, does this mean they are going?, how long till they are dead after taking medicine?, I know ovex only kills the worms and not the eggs so we will repeat in just under 2 weeks. We have all been treated, nails cut, bedding and pjs changed every day, showered every day hovered and cleaned with a damp cloth. Just a bit worried that they aint dead yet and they could be laying eggs which will hatch and then we'll take a second dose but that dose may miss some and then the ones left will hatch and theres no more medicine after that....for we just keep taking every 2wks. I'm hoping cause I'm seeing less means they are going

Most die in the first day but it can take two or three days for all of them to die. The timing of the second dose is supposed to catch the worms (that hatched after the first dose) before they mature enough to lay eggs. It is hypothesised that 49% of kids have thread worms (yuck), so its likely this wont be the last time you get them, but you are doing everything right. The medicine will stop you from getting a huge infestation that disturbs sleep etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->