Help!

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just had my baby on 9-11 and he is wonderful but we struggle with breast feeding. He doesn't like my left nipple because it is more flat and hard for him to latch on. My nipples hurt sooooo bad right now And I cringe everytime nursing time comes around. I really want to breastfeed but I have to admit the bottle has looked pretty good a few times. Please help me with any tips. I really don't want to give up but I'm in so much pain and on the verge if switching to a bottle.

Have you tried different positions? My ds will only eat from the left side in a football hold. GL

Yea I have tried that but it still is a struggle. I was able to get him to feed laying on my side and him under my boob but I needed a c-section and that was excruciating to lay like that. That is another reason why bf is so hard. Because of my c-section I feel like it is hard to maneuver my baby and get him in a comfortable position.

Here are a few things I would suggest. Always offer the side he has problems with 1st. Use a nipple shield if you need to, They work wonders! Also get some nipple cream. Totally safe for baby and it helps tremendously! I would not have survived without it and a little goes a long way. I had problems with my right side and ended up having to basically force him to nurse on that side first and pump when he wouldn't. It was hard at times. I cried and so did he but you just have to make sure you keep at it :hugs:

as pp said, offer left side first and nipple cream is your friend. and just keep thinking it will get easier. i wanted to quit so many times in first few days/weeks but now am so glad i didn't.

Air the nipple, it really help with the pain. If the latch is shallow, try flattening your breast or do the nipple flick when latching (you can YouTube the nipple flick).

Thanks everyone. I was seriously about to quit last night. I'm in so much pain from the c-section, have so much gas build up, and my nipples are killing me. I was able to talk to my friend who has nursed all 3 of her kids and she was able to talk me down off the ledge. After I talked to her it was time to bf again and I was able to bf him for 26 minutes :) I felt like I just won this huge battle. It felt really good and I at least got through one more bf.

This morning the nurse came in at 4:30 and had me bf again. It was so painful and I cringed through almost the whole feed. I call that nurse the nazi nurse because she is so rough and can be mean at times. She was standing over me while I was breast feeding and squirming and trying to breath because it hurt so bad and she just laughed at me. I felt like it was a movie where the evil person throws their head back to laugh. It was horrible and I was on the verge of tears the whole time.

The nurse brought me in a breast pump and I was scared to use it but it didn't hurt at all and actually relieved some of the pain. I didn't get much out but I feel refreshed and encouraged that I can master bf. we will see how many more times I want to quit before I get the hang of everything lol.

Hospitals can give you a sample tube of nipple cream if you ask.

I have lanisil, not sure if that is what it is called or not. I put it on everytime I bf but my nipples still hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->