Help?

Elsmummy24

Reaction score
Someone must know a good way to stop sickness :haha:
I didn't have sickness with My first, this is just beyond a joke.
I had to ring my mam and ask for her to come and get my little boy at 1pm when my OH went to work because I couldn't physically keep my eyes open.
I have extreme exhaustion (sP?) and feel sick constantly to the point where I don't dare eat because I know how it'll make me feel.
Today I have had about 4 sips of water, 3 plain biscuits and a very small (smaller then my palm) jacket potato.
I know I can't continue like this but I really don't know what to do :(

Sorry youre feeling rubbish hun. Have you tried seabands?x

Hi elsmummy. I had terrible ms with dd. I used to take ginger tablets. They didn't help too much but a little was better than nothing.

This time if I get sick my doctor recommend something like complan (a meal replacement) with milk and a banana. She said if I really couldn't eat anything at all there are drink cartons of meal replacements that they give to patients in the hospital. You can buy them at a pharmacy here in nz so maybe the same where you are.

Sorry you are having a crappy time.

What is a seaband?

If I don't seem to improve over the next few days then I am Going to speak to my doctor and see if he can help.
My little boy kept telling my mum today that his mummy is sad. And it's just because I'm suffering so much :( I feel so useless.

Sea bands helped me. They look just like sweat bands that you wear on your wrists, except they have a little plastic nub on the inside that pushes on a pressure point on your wrist.
I also eat Altoid mints constantly. The peppermint calms my stomach and the smell is strong enough so I dont smell other things around me that would make me nauseous.

I had terrible morning sickness with my son, I would roll out of bed and scoot up against the wall and say please nobody touch me or talk to me for the next hour, and I would have to just close my eyes and breathe it out... the only thing that helped me was ginger beer, it's like ginger ale but with more real ginger... just one or two sips and as soon as it went down and settled I'd feel tons better, I have some on hand because I already feel it coming on this time around too.. I got it from the health food store.. just don't get the one that's made for mixing with alcohol, they put extra stuff in there.

I know what you mean about feeling useless, I broke down and cried today because I feel like i can't do anything right now. Don't worry, remember it's temporary and it will be worth it :)

Thank you :)
I'm heading into town today so I'll have a look for some seabands. I don't like gingers so I don't think that would help, although I did notice eating tic tacs helped so I might have to stock up on them too!

I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel. I'm finding it really difficult to do anything because I feel so sick constantly throughout the day...

The only thing that seems to help me so far is orange juice. I never ever usually drink my calories but I'm finding having some juice every hour or so makes me feel slightly better.. The thought of ginger right now makes me want to gag which is weird because usually I love it... I'm going to the local health food store today though to see what else they might have.. Tmi but I desperately need something for the constipation.. Haven't been in at least a week :'(

Sorry to be off topic but what is a jacket potato? :haha:

I just wanted to say that I know exactly how you feel. I'm finding it really difficult to do anything because I feel so sick constantly throughout the day...

The only thing that seems to help me so far is orange juice. I never ever usually drink my calories but I'm finding having some juice every hour or so makes me feel slightly better.. The thought of ginger right now makes me want to gag which is weird because usually I love it... I'm going to the local health food store today though to see what else they might have.. Tmi but I desperately need something for the constipation.. Haven't been in at least a week :'(
I think I might have had a slight bug because I've been the total opposite of constipated (sorry tmi) I hope you find something to help!

Sorry to be off topic but what is a jacket potato? :haha:
it's a potato that you Cook with the skin on (the jacket) then you cut it open and add your filling, tuna, cheese, beans, anything really :)

I used to be a huge diet coke lover (don't like coke) and now I can barely manage a mouthful :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->