Help.....

Polly Girl

50/50 excited and scared
Reaction score
Been stalking this site for a hell of a long time but don't usually post...

Hubby and I are TTC #2 (currently have a 2 year old) and I guess that this month is the first 'proper' month. Just caught the window last month, then illness got in the way and prior to that pretty much just NTNP (or as much as you can be!).

I'm not temping as I know I couldn't get consistent temps (really bad sleeper and far too much to do in a morning).
So....I got a glaring positive on a cheapy OPK on Saturday (CD21 - about a week later than I was expecting). We BD'd CD12,13,14,15,16,17,21 and 22. Think we're covered?! Currently on CD23 and may squeeze another one in!
Hellish bloating and dodgy tum today and last few days, exhausted and passing feelings of nausea, and knackering ov pains (although felt these on and off since around CD12ish).
Suppose I just want opinions on how good you lot think our chances are, and just really wanted to vent it all out!
Cheers!

I think days 21 and 22 were perfectly timed. Day 17 might have just squeezed in too. Good luck!

Suppose another question is - I think I ov'd late (hard to tell I guess, out of practice after a few years!) so how do i keep myself calm when my AF is 'due'?!
I'm pretty sure my LP is a decent length so will definitely be 'late' but still drive myself crazy!
Bloody hate TTC!

Will you be waiting Til af is due before you test or testing early?

Probably when it's due (so ateast another week) to be honest.
I only have cheapy tests anyway, banned myself from buying digi's until I have something to confirm!
I'm impatient at the best of times but the fewer BFN's I see the better!

Course, I say that now.....!!

Well best of luck, hope it's your month 😊

Why do I do it to myself? At my best guess I am no more than 6dpo, yet I tested with an IC yesterday and today - both glaring BFN's! (Although I did try to convince myself there was a shadow - there wasn't!). Reading into every symptom, especially my moodiness, tiredness and on/off nausea.
Absolute idiot!

Your timing sounds really good! Hope you caught that egg.

I'm 6dpo too and not many symptoms, just very hungry, tired and emotional/sad/irritable with burning sensation in my breasts (had this last cycle with my chemical).

I'm not feeling the urge to test this cycle as I'm terrified of another chemical, but usually the way I hold off testing right now is to just remind myself that implantation most commonly happens on 9dpo, so there's no way I could have a positive test now. At 6dpo it's impossible to get a BFP (if people have got one then, they must have ovulated earlier) as the fertilised egg doesn't reach the womb till day 5 and then it takes a couple of days to implant properly, then a further 2 days for hCG to get to levels where it's excreted in urine. I just keep telling myself these facts and that fights the urge. If I'm really desperate I pee on an OPK :D

Good luck this cycle!!

Yep, as I was dipping the test I knew whether this month was my month or not it would a BFN.
Despite the encouraging symptoms, I just have that sinking feeling that I missed the little blighter!
I ov'd later than usual (I think) this month so although my apps tell me AF is due Tuesday, I'm not sure. Will try to hold off til then at least to test again!
Good luck!

Hi Polly Girl, i am in exactly the same boat as you, this is our 1st month and we have 2 yr old.
I am reading into to every tiny sympton and twinge and driving myself nuts!!
I did an early IC too and obv got a bfn, AF is due tues/wed so trying to stop myself doimg anymore! Arghhh why do we do it to ourselves?!!! Xxx

Hi Polly Girl, i am in exactly the same boat as you, this is our 1st month and we have 2 yr old.
I am reading into to every tiny sympton and twinge and driving myself nuts!!
I did an early IC too and obv got a bfn, AF is due tues/wed so trying to stop myself doimg anymore! Arghhh why do we do it to ourselves?!!! Xxx

I know, should know better second time around!

Tell you what, if I'm not pregnant (which would be too good to be true really!) it's damn unfair - sodding TWW symptoms are flooring me.
I understand that scientifically it's just the rising progesterone but there's always a niggle (quickly squashed though!).

So according to FF my AF is due today, and according to Ovia it's due tomorrow. Seeing as I *think* I ovulated later then I have no clue.
I feel like absolute rubbish (so tired!) but also feel what I think are AF cramps starting - they feel different from the other cramps/pains throughout the TWW.
Eeeeee, the pressure! Men have it remarkably easier!
Hope everyone's ok!

I appreciate I'm using this thread to talk to myself - lets me vent rather than stew!
I feel rotten! Tired, spotty, dodgy tum and so nauseous! Thing is at 8dpo approx it could be either AF or the other (never like to say it out loud too much!). I sodding hate this!
......and yes, I tested. Again. BFN. Again.

You'd think I'd have taken the hint by now! 9dpo and BFN! Obviously!

lol
You are actually testing early, but at least from tomoro on you will be in a better timeframe for testing. They say the most common day for bfps is 11dpo.
FX for you and :dust:

Yep, knew I was testing early but I just couldn't resist! I'll sit in my hands for the rest of the week I think - make myself wait!

hehe I start mine at 9dpo since that is the earliest I have ever gotten my bfps.
That will be this time next week for me :shock: eek

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->