Help?

makemeamom

TTC Baby #1
Reaction score
So im looking for a TTC buddy, and i was wondering if someone could tell me how to work out my ovulation dates and everything.. im so confused :/ quite new to all this :/ xx

So im looking for a TTC buddy, and i was wondering if someone could tell me how to work out my ovulation dates and everything.. im so confused :/ quite new to all this :/ xx

Hi I can be your buddy! I'm a bit new here as well. I have a 2 year old boy that wasnt planned so this is our first time TTC. From what I read there are a few ways you can check when your going to ovulate.

You usually ovulate 14 days after the 1st day of your period so you might wanna BD a few days before, during and maybe a few days after

You can check for a clear egg white looking discharge around CD14 this is also a sign that you will be or are ovulating

Some take their basal body temperture every morning before they get out of bed. Im not sure how this works cuz im not going to try this method

Finally you can buy a OPK like clear blue fertility monitor which detects the Luteinizing Hormone (LH) increase which occurs approximately 24-36 hours prior to ovulation so it tells u when you are most firtile. I think i will be buying this soon but it can be a little expensive

Hope this helps and GL

Hi, I am also new at this, i just joined today. I am tyring to figure out all the abbreviations and so I feel a little wierd posting.

I also need a buddy. I have been using the ovualtion calculators online to find out when i should ovulate. I don't know how many days are in my cycle ususally, but this last two months have been about 33 days long, and right now I'm on day 12, so i am hoping that I am due this week to ovuate.
I don't know how to do the other ways of checking, so we can learn together maybe.

Little about me. I am 30yrs old, I have a 7year old and a 5 year old, and we are trying for our third. the first two were surprises, so this is my first time TTC.
I thought I was prego last month but it didn't work, so this month im tyring harder to knwo when I ovualte.

You usually ovulate 14 days after the 1st day of your period so you might wanna BD a few days before, during and maybe a few days after

I would like to comment on above...according to my gynec doctor, if your cycles are regular then you should ovulate 14 days before the first day of next period...phase between ovulation and first day of period is called Luteal Phase and is more or less constant for a woman with regular cycles. Phase from 1st day of period to ovulation day is called Follicular phase and can vary (leading to early or late periods). Hope I didn't confuse you more...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->