help

Heather.78

Reaction score
ok so Im mostly express breast feeding and about 2 formulas a night( I have one duff boob that wont work so finding it hard to keep up) anyways Maiya is fantastic during the day she has in total about 8-9 feeds a day at 3 oz somtimes a bit more or abit less so shes a really sucky baby and we had to give in and get her a dummy not my favorite thing but she loves it. shes great with all day time feeds then it comes to her 11 o/c ish feed and thats it there is no settling her we tried giving her abit more at this feed another 1 1/2 oz and still shes rooting around for more surely for one feed 4 1/2 is more than enough, so after lots of screaming we gave her the dummy tonite and after about 1/2 hr sucking on it like her life depends on it she has fallen asleep. does anyone else have this problem out of all her feeds this is the only one that gives us abit of trouble always the same one at the same time any ideas guys as its now 2 o/c am and so tired!!!!:cry:

Maybe she needs a bit more every feed?

My sisters twins were over a month premature and they drank 4-5oz per feed about every 2 hours once they were sent home, she expressed exclusively from the beginning as they had to stay in the hospital for about 3 weeks...

They go through alot of growth spurts.

I so know what you mean !!! I've been struggling to BF, so have been expressing, nd giving her formula. She has a couple of BF's through the day if I can bear the pain. But as you say, she can have a 4oz bottle, and then screams for more.. and then you give her more, and she screams for yet more !!!! I noticed that if I put her to the breast when she's screaming for it, she falls asleep within a minute, so I figure it's more comfort than hunger (which would make sense with the dummy). We tried a dummy, but she keeps spitting it out, and then we have to give it back etc etc etc.
I do wonder though, if the reason she roots and cries so much, is because she is confused... that even though she has had the bottle, she still thinks she need to BF more to build up my supply ??? :shrug: It's a mystery.. I say just go with whatever works. :hug:

I so know what you mean !!! I've been struggling to BF, so have been expressing, nd giving her formula. She has a couple of BF's through the day if I can bear the pain. But as you say, she can have a 4oz bottle, and then screams for more.. and then you give her more, and she screams for yet more !!!! I noticed that if I put her to the breast when she's screaming for it, she falls asleep within a minute, so I figure it's more comfort than hunger (which would make sense with the dummy). We tried a dummy, but she keeps spitting it out, and then we have to give it back etc etc etc.
I do wonder though, if the reason she roots and cries so much, is because she is confused... that even though she has had the bottle, she still thinks she need to BF more to build up my supply ??? :shrug: It's a mystery.. I say just go with whatever works. :hug:

firstly hello hun glad to see ya here I think our situation is very similar so I did the night shift last night and she had her 11.30 feed and would not settle and like you say she was rooting for ages that was a formula feed as we figure she would feel better filled with the formula at night no such joy she was screaming for more so we gave her a bit more another 1 1/2oz so 4 1/2 oz in total which I would have thought was loads for a 2 week old baby still not happy tried winding no nappy no cuddles no than finally by about 2 am I put the dumy in and have the same problem as you keeping it in there so I lay on the bed and put my hand over into the moses basket and keep a finger on top which helps loads because then she settles and peace so odd Ive got the health vistor tomorrow so I have words with her see if she can suggest anything. Maiyas gaining weight so I know shes doing ok. I hope you have some joy with Mia and if you do pass on the knowledge cheers heaths:hugs::hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->