Help!

x__amour

Mommy.
Reaction score
WADDUP WADDUP. :D

I am in need of some help! Er. I am in a bit of a situation. (Feel free to R&R if this doesn't pertain to you but I really need help if you can!) I have nooo effing idea what to do. Um. Yeah. Weaning, right? I kind of sort of maybe totally completely pitifully SUCK at it. (HUGE understatement.) I've been doing a shitty job already, feeding maybe a couple of times a week but now I don't get a choice. I've been docked 3 cans of formula (going from 10-7) starting today, a la June 1st, 2011! (Can you believe it's already JUNE?) I now get 1lb of bananas, (which equals like, 4 bananas. Woop de doo!) 2 8oz boxes of cereal (which Tori hates, FAB!) and 28 jars of fruits and veggies. (Plus a few of the dinner's that I bought myself.) I am so bad at this, I literally don't know what to do. (Dundundun!) So. For those who are weaned or weaning, what does your day look like and maybe help me make some kind of a schedule please?

Also, please keep in mind I have the world's laziest baby that sleeps from 10pm - 12pm. So she basically skips breakfast, bah.

Thank you for all who sat there and read this! I really could use the help! :|

:hugs2:

Well I don't really know her nap schedule but lets say:
A bottle when she wakes up
1130-12pm - lunch, maybe puree veggies mixed with rice
2 bottles in between lunch and dinner
dinner - something similar to veggies, most babies don't care about variety in food yet.

I will also give you our food schedule, though its a bit different because Arianna is already a food snob lol

8am - wake up, 6 oz bottle
10am - breakfast - we usually do oatmeal mixed with a fruit
1130-1 nap time, she has a 6 oz bottle before her nap
1pm - lunch, today she had mashed sweet potato
3-5 nap time again, another 6oz bottle
530 - dinner, today she had home made mac and cheese
730 - bed time, another 6oz bottle.

Also she will gradually cut down on bottles b/c she won't be used to getting 3 meals a day, we are also on WIC and the first month of getting only 7 cans of formula I had to buy an extra one myself, but this month I will probably have one left over.

Thanks Cari. :hugs2:
I just wonder how many oz of formula to give her. Right now she usually has about, hm. 4 8oz bottles a day. :-k

Well start with giving her what you always have. If she doesn't need that much anymore she will start not taking it all. Arianna hasn't changed the size bottle she takes, just the amount of bottles and thats about 1-2 less. Shes still kind of a pig...lol. She ate an almost adult size portion of dinner tonight :haha:

Haha, yeah its hard to get into the swing of things, but once you've been doing it for a couple weeks it just becomes routine.

What is her nap schedule like? Maybe I can help you write out a basic eating schedule.

Just when you get all excited that they hold their own bottle... You have to start feeding them by hand again. :lol:
ETA: Tbh, she's not on much of a schedule yet. The only thing that's set is when she goes to bed. She usually has a nap around 1-2ishpm and then 4pmish.

Then they learn to push the spoon away from you and splatter it all over your clean shirt lol

Haha Noah didn't start holding his bottle til he was over 1 :-k Mega lazy!

You could try BLW? :D
I don't have much advice on a schedule or anything cos I was a bit of a noob at weaning and didnt really have a clue what I was doing :rofl: I mainly used Ella's Kitchen pouches, which are ace, maybe you have something similar over there? And he'd have banana baby porridge for breakfast x

Shannon, could you keep a couple cans of generic brand formula in the house? Finn has days where he'll have 25 oz, but days where he'll have 35 oz, too. He still varies a ton.

We do...
Breakfast (whatever time we get to it): 1/2 a container of a fruit.

Lunch (12-2ish, again whenever it gets done): 1/2 a container of veggie or a baby yogurt.

Dinner (7ish) : 1/2 a container of veggie mixed with rice, 1/2 a container of fruit.

Plus, 30 or so oz of milk.

We skip lunch sometimes if we're out or such. He also gets puffs through the day.

What i do hun is chop up bits of what me and OH are eating and put it on her highchair so she can just grab bits and go for it.
At 6 months it's all about learning, once she's familliar with food it will become a whole lot easier :) I think Esmee's first proper meal was sausages, mash potato and veggies, i cut up one sausage into grab-able pieces, mixed in a bit of her milk with her potatoes so she recognised the taste and spoon fed her that, put a few chunks of veg with it, and just let her go for it. It's messy but it seemed to work!
Maybe this is something you could try?
xxx

7:30 am - 4 oz bottle
10:00 am - fruits with some rice cereal
11:30 am - 4 oz bottle with a nap
2:30 am - veggies or sweet potato with rice cereal
5:00 am - 4 oz bottles
7:30 am - mixed fruit with rice cereal
9:00 am - bedtime with a 4 oz bottle

My kid eats a lot... :flower:

xx

first of i'd start by giving her one meal everyday. stuff like carrots, parsnip etc are supposed to be good. then once she has got used to those tastes you can be a bit more adventurous :haha: i'm not sure how much solids she takes, at the start it is usually 1-2 teaspoons. most people prefer to give solids in the middle of the day at lunch, but it is completely up to you :) pick a time in the day where she isn't frantically hungry or tired; i'd suggest like an hour after a bottle? then give her a few spoons of food. after she has got used to this meal etc. you can add in another meal.

i'm going to do a sort of guess of your day..

12pm morning bottle
12.30pm solids (2)
1pm nap
3pm bottle
4pm solids (1)
5pm nap
6pm bottle
7pm solids (3)
8.30pm bath
9pm bottle
10pm bed

your day is probably nothing like this but i just did a guess.. :thumbup: the 1, 2 and 3 after the solids is when i'd introduce them. so the one at 4pm would be first, then at 12.30pm i'd introduce more after a few days.

i hope you don't mind me commenting seeing as i'm not at this stage of weaning yet :p

What i do hun is chop up bits of what me and OH are eating and put it on her highchair so she can just grab bits and go for it.
At 6 months it's all about learning, once she's familliar with food it will become a whole lot easier :) I think Esmee's first proper meal was sausages, mash potato and veggies, i cut up one sausage into grab-able pieces, mixed in a bit of her milk with her potatoes so she recognised the taste and spoon fed her that, put a few chunks of veg with it, and just let her go for it. It's messy but it seemed to work!
Maybe this is something you could try?
xxx

Seeing as Shannon's getting free baby food, it'd be a bit silly to not use it ,you know? :thumbup:

Oh Shannon, SAME.
So far I give Brayden 6oz at 8/9, 12/1, 4/5. :coffee:
Then I give him fruits/veggies for right before he goes to bed.

our routine is
bottle:8am
breakfast:9am
bottle:12 pm
lunch: 1pm
bottle:4pm
dinner: 5pm
then bottle and bed at 8

maybe try bringing her bedtime forward a bit so she wakes up earlier to have breakfast.
also introducing just after lunch is good because they are awake.
try giving a puree, just a few spoons of one.
and if you are eating something healthy then give her something that you are eating.
I find if Max sees me eating some apple then i'll cut a chunk off for him and watch him suck/munch and play with it.
you need to be persistant.

I wrote max's routine up on a cupboard so we know what we have to do when (or it wont happen!)

I'm so lost too. :shrug:

right now lo gets a jar of baby food around 1pm with 2 ounces of rice cereal. then a few hours later gets another jar and thats it. :shrug:

i have no idea about solids. i've read a lot of people say to give "toast" but i dont know if UK toast is the same as USA toast (bread in a toaster). :dohh:

this whole thing is too confusing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"