Help

Scottyblue78

Reaction score
Good evening ladies,
After having a HSG in Oct 10 to help unblock both my tubes, I have found myself now in a position without any tubes at all. Having suffered a ectopic rupture in Jan 11 resulting in losing my left tube. After many tears We decided to give it another only to be devastated by another ectopic rupture resulting in the loss of my right tube......IVF is now our only route.....Where do u begin to start and what kind of process is involved ? any advice would be good xx

Hi

Sorry to hear about loosing your tubes. Me and my husband have been trying for 2 years and have unexplained fertility so after trying clomid for five months we have been sent down the route of IVF. After being referred we waited about 2 months to attend an IVF meeting with lots of other couples. They told us all about the process and what to expect. I think they seem to do one of these at all hospitals. We then had to go for blood tests to screen us for rubella and hep A. I had to have my hormones tested again and my husband had to do a sperm sample. We waited for about anonther 5 weeks and then got our consultation when they basically told us we could start with my next period. On day one a phoned the hospital and they arrange for drugs to be delivered to my house. I then went into the hospital on day 18 to be shown how to inject myself. I am currently on the down regulation stage which you have to do for about three weeks to switch your ovaries off (like a menopause). You then go to the hospital for a scan to see if your ovaries have been shut down enough. If they have you start a second injection to start stimulating your ovaries to produce lots of eggs. You take a third injection when the egg follicles are big enough and get your eggs collected undersedation 36 hours later. They then put sperm and eggs together and you have to wait to see how many fertilise. Depending on the number and quality they put either one or two embryos back after 2,3 or 5 days. You then take progesterone for two weeks and have to see if it has worked.

They will explain it all in much better detail when you go to the hospital.. Which hospital will you be going to? I am at Liverpool Womens.

There are a few of us on a IVF/ICSI in June/July/Aug 2011
thread. Come and join us, its good to chat!

Good luck x

IVF is our only option due to scar tissue and narrowing in my 1 functioning tube. We have just started the process and the first step was being referred to a fertility clinic. We are on a 4 month wait list. We've been TTC for 2 years and as hopeful as we are it feels like we're so far away.

hiyaa scottyblue ivf is our only option too, i have both blocked tubes and have been referred by my fs, we have our first appointment on friday, very excited and nervous, ive read up about ivf on the internet but am not 100% sure how the process goes due to reading too many things but i do know what the basics are lol weve been trying for 2 and a half years with no luck so hopefully this is the start of something new :D xx

Thankyou for the replies ladies, Cvaeh hopes all goes well for you and thankyou for the detail. I currently live in Cumbria but am moving back to Warrington on the 25th August. My consultant said he wouldnt refer me for 6 months after losing both tubes in such a short time, he said it is not just phsyical recovery but also emotional recovery.
Princess I am glad you have gone down the IVF route, when they gave me the chance to have my tubes open I thought it was a dream come true but it has resulted in 2 emergency and very scary ruptured and the loss of 2 babies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->