help..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by samantha1990, Jun 4, 2011.

1. samantha1990

samantha1990 Well-Known Member

I'm currently 6 days late.. I've had 4 positive hpts and 2 negative hpts. All positive were on digital tests. I went to the clinic last night and had a negative urine test, waiting on the call for the blood test.

Even the dr says the blood will probably be a positive, I'm just so shook up over this, has this happened to anyone else? Am I still pregnant?

2. sapphire1

sapphire1 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it will be fine hun. It's far more likely to get a false negative than a false positive result. In the UK they don't even do a test at the doctor to confirm pregnancy, a positive HPT is proof enough. Hope it turns out ok x x

3. samantha1990

The blood came back negative :'-(
    But I'm gonna keep taking the prenatals and accept my positive hpts, until af shows up I'm not gonna believe it! I still feel like I'm pregnant, and I have a lot of the symptoms.

4. JaydensMommy1

JaydensMommy1 Well-Known Member

How strange! The false positives are so rare. Is it possible you are just really early?

5. samantha1990

Ever since I had my son I've been regular, this is the 1st time I've been late in almost 2 years!!
    If af doesn't show up by july I'm going to my obgyn to see what's up. I just went to the walk in clinic last night..

But I've seen WAY to many of the "I didn't know I was pregnant" shows to give up this easily, lol.

6. JaydensMommy1

Lol no kidding!! There us such a slight chance hpt would register positive and not be especially more than one! Do you feel any dif? Increased CM? Twinges?

7. babyhearts

babyhearts Well-Known Member

If you got a pos then you are, with my son I had blood tests at the drs urine tests loads and loads of hpt's and they all came back neg until 10 weeks gone no one knows why it just happened x

8. samantha1990

af started today :(
    but i'm still having the symptoms of being pregnant! its so weird!!

drs don't know why i had the positives, but i know there was something there, i saw the hpts, im assuming i lost it :'-(

but theres always next month, i guess.
    i still have the feeling its gonna happen soon :)

9. JaydensMommy1

I'm sorry, good luck hun