Here's a question

A

AppleBlossom

Do you feel more or less vulnerable when you're out in public on your own now you're pregnant?

I think I feel less vulnerable because I know people can tell I'm pregnant and so would be less likely to try and hurt me or anything.

I know that that's not always necessarily the case though and some people would just hurt you regardless.

I agree....!!

I dont know if its my hormones but I feel alot more confident in a arguementative situation too!!! Eg.... stressy chefs at work!!

i've never really thought about it it those terms, like some body less likely to hurt u, which i hope it true! - i wish i felt like u both, but throughout my pregnancy i've felt more vulnerable in terms of feeling much less confident and less able to deal with confrontation etc. hopefully will be feeling back to my old self once my LO's here, cos i always was confident x x x x

I feel a bit more vulnerable but that is partly because I'm not showing much yet. I feel more defensive if scary beefy men look at me or make comments and anxious about the health of me and baby when there is lots of pollution of whatever. More frightened of getting run over too.

But my patience and tolerance are less than they were so I'm sure I'd still argue!

I was thinking more of this and at the start of pregnancy when I wasnt really looking preg I felt more vulnerable than ever!!

I agree about the car crash business also!!

I feel loads more vulnerable at the moment, think it's because it's early on and I'm worrying about everything. I hate shopping at the moment, it feels like people are going to ram their trolleys into my stomach!

x

i have always felt way more vulnerable since getting preg. I think it is just my mothering instincts kicking in tho, expecially with everything I have been through. I wont walk around in the day on my own and was totally frightened when i moved into my new house on my own.

I'm petrified!! Even when DH is with me. As I've mentioned on other threads I haven't been shown much compassion since showing. It's as if people are more likely to hurt me now.

The amount of children (and adults) I've bitched at because they HAVE rammed their trollies into me is ridiculous! It's not in my head. It actually does happen.
I really cant stand going out in public. People are too impatient these days and dont watch what they're doing. I've constantly got my hands on my bump in the hopes that it'll protect baby.

I went out to a burlesque night with my OH and some friends a couple of weeks ago and had to leave early because I was so paranoid soemone was going to smack onto my stomach. I still feel a bit more vunerable than normal.

with brendan i was terrified that someone would hurt me on purpose to hurt my baby, i would keep my hands over my tummy at all times lol, i think it didnt help that SIL friend got attacked when she was pregnant they purposely punhced her straight in the stomach, thankfully her baby was fine

with brendan i was terrified that someone would hurt me on purpose to hurt my baby, i would keep my hands over my tummy at all times lol, i think it didnt help that SIL friend got attacked when she was pregnant they purposely punhced her straight in the stomach, thankfully her baby was fine

:shock: that's terrible

i know :( it was completely unprovocked to!! theres some evil people out there aint there :( but i do have to say when you have a lovely big bump people seem to move out the way for you, usually i get barged and all sorts when shopping, cant wait for my bump so i can not have to worry about being barged lol

now we are all mummies to be, if there was a queue in a public toilet and you werent pregnant, but someone behind you in the queue was, would you let them go first???

I think i would everytime, but people never seem to let me go first:(

I feel more vulnerable but more agresive too. I'm weary of people getting too near me and I glare at anyone who does until they either appologise or go away! :D

It's a defense mechanism thing for me. Comes of being short I think. :lol:

I think that I feel more vulnerable with regards to people barging me in a crowded place, or the whole being-rammed-by-a-shopping-trolley thing, and am constantly finding myself wandering round with a protective hand on my bump.
However, and I hope this doesn't sound strange, but I feel less vulnerable around men, eg: I don't feel like they would be leering over me, or try to chat me up, cos it's obvious I'm pregnant. For example the other day I went to meet a friend for dinner and we met up in a bar first. Normally I would be really on edge about groups of blokes, and worried what they would say if I walked past (not that I'm saying I'm great looking or anything, but you know what groups of lads are like). However I walked straight past them, without worrying at all, and a couple of them actually moved out of the way to let me past easier, and were really polite. Does any of that make sense to anyone?
xx

I don't go out alone. Ever. I did earlier in the pregnancy and I felt a little less like people would hurt me, but I also feared more for my son's safety and I don't really care about mine if he's in the picture.

Does any of that make sense to anyone?
xx

Yep it does. That's one thing I worry about less. No wandering eyes staring at my ass or boobs... well.. boobs maybe LOL

Although the other day I was standing in a queue with my DH next to some magazines. There were about 3-4 teenage boys behind us and there was a pregnancy magazine on the shelf. The model was in a bikini with a shirt over it but the shirt was wet. Anyway these boys picked this magazine up (they couldn't see me, only from the back) and started going on "i dunno about you but I think pregnant women are HOT! I'd definately hit that" They went on and on like that about how sexy they find pregnant chicks etc. Hubby started smiling and I just prayed to get out of the store before I burst into stitches.

Shame.. wonder what expressions I would've got if I had've turned round and picked up one of those mags...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->