Here's one: Would you shop your son/daughter to the police??

Really agree with you there Wobbs i think you need to adopt a Zero tolerance to things like this, let them get away with it once who knows where it can lead!

I would have doe exactly as your Aunt did, they would be made to sweat without me bailing them out.

Jack came home with a toy from playgroup in his pocket the other day, wouldn't really class it as stealing at 2 1/2 but he was told that it was wrong to have brought it home as it wasn't his, we took it back the following week and he said sorry :)

only if he was a danger to other people..if he killed one person for a reason and would never do it to anyone else then no, i wouldn't..i would expect the people close to me to do the same thing (not that i'm the type who would ever murder someone lol)

I would shop him/her. They have to learn the consequences of their actions. If they get away with something like shoplifting they may think it´s ok to move onto bigger things. Zero Tolerance. (Can you tell I used to work for the police?!?)

If he were dealing drugs, I would. If he were taking drugs, erm I probably wouldn't but would try to seek help for him before turning him in. If he were abusing anybody or anything (God forbid) then yes I would, or if he were a danger to anybody. If he was shoplifting, I'd warn him and if he didn't quit then yes I would, I don't believe in dirty money.

Selling drugs: Yes. I would. There was a 15 year old kid here who was strung out on crystal meth that beat up a 9 year old girl so bad she had to be air lifted to SJ to the children's hospital. If I knew my child was the one that sold that girl the drugs, lord HELP them.

Shoplifting: I'd probably destroy it the first time and ground them. But, if it did happen again, I'd not hesitate in the slightest.

Bullying: I am really, really going to try to make sure my child doesn't turn into a bully. If they do, unfortunately, then I will be doing every single thing to make sure he/she apologizes for it.

Under-age drinking: Yes. When we were in grade 10 one of the girls I hung out with came home piss loaded...and her father marched her down to the police office and had her thrown in the drunk tank to sober up! She hasn't touched alcohol since.

It would totally depend on the child and I would try to understand what has driven them to do something 'wrong' in the first place. If they were a danger to others, and I was sure of it, then yes. But I really have faith that issues like shoplifting or drugs will be something that they would be wise enough not to get involved in. We plan to have very open lines of communication from the start. I want to raise children that have a strong sense of humanity and self respect. I guess things can go wrong despite all our good intentions but I think most serious transgressions are the result of a serious problem for that child emotionally. If it was not serious (like a younger child shoplifting for a dare or something like that) then no, I would not shop them to the police as that would be a waste of everyones time. But I would hope they would have more sense than to do something like that in the first place.

if my kids stole or did somethin minor then i'd come down on them like a ton of bricks. There would be no tv, no make up, no straighteners, no moblie phones etc and whatever the technical gadgets of the day are!!

if it were somethin serious like havin a gun or rape or murder tho, there would be no doubt in my mind.

my mum and dad have always seen it as their moral duty to god or whatever to always do right by the law. hence when my dad saw me pull off the drive and answer my phone and put it straight on hands free, he told me that if he ever saw me do it again he'd be straight on the phone to the police. and i was 18 at the time haha

This is a tricky one but if my son did something awful like domestic violence or rape anything along those lines i think i would go to the police and i no my partner would feel the same as me.

I would hope that I had done a good enough job as a Mother for my child not to become embroiled in any kind of street crime, let alone something more serious.

If it did come down to it and any of them had caused suffering or death to another being then I would kick the living shit out them myself, before shopping them. If it was of a drugs nature then I might just leave it at a good kicking.

Shoplifting; I would march them back to the shop and make them return the item.

Lack of disipline in the first instance is what is wrong these days. Especially in this country. Children are well aware of the fact that they are untouchable and make full use of the fact. The criminally minded do the same. They use kids as mules because they know that they wont get done for it and they glamourize the job for them so that they think they're tough so then the kids end up doing something tragic themselves.

being a special constable therefore a upstanding member of the community I would have to say yes!!!

In my eyes the more people get away with smaller things the more it escalates!!!

Ive seen kids as young as 12 in custody for small things such as criminal damage (in some of your eyes this is seen as small) but lock them in a cell for 12 hours.... may.... just may make them think twice!!

NEVER EVER would I COVER FOR THEM..... EVER!!!! I dont think this teaches them the right from wrong in the long run!!!!

NEVER EVER would I COVER FOR THEM..... EVER!!!! I dont think this teaches them the right from wrong in the long run!!!!

I agree with you, and the comments made my Wobbs, Jo, Leeanne and others - there are some things as a young child you can come down on them once and hope that they are generally decent kids and you've scared them enough, but if it carries on then further action is needed.

My ex's parents bailed him out whatever trouble he got into, it was clearly a precedent they'd set early in his life, he could do whatever he wanted. I did feel sorry for them in some respect that he was their treasured only child, but there's got to be a point when enough's enough and that point just never came with them. His father walked in on him beating me more than once and just turned around and closed the door on his way out, I hold him as much responsible as my ex.

awww hun thats awful :hugs:

But I can see how parents who let their kids get away with things the majority of the time do not get any more respect from their kids!!!

I policed the local balloon festival last august and something will stay with me for a long time .....
.... i was fully uniformed and its a family friendly day!!! We often got mothers and fathers bringing their children to us and explaining who we were and to look out for people like us if they ever got lost!!!

THEN.... me and my colleague walked past one family and smiled at the children.... the parents commented back "dont smile at those they are pigs.. scum!!!!"

I mean wtf??? :hissy: What really do they teach their children??? Poor kids dont have a chance in my opinion!!! Its upsetting!!

OMG Kerry that's disgusting!!! That must be so infuriating to have to just walk away from people like that, bet you wish you could lock them up for child abuse!

If it were a drug issue, I would get them medical help. The judicial system wouldn't do anything for a drug issue anyway.

Do you mean being addicted to drugs??? Cos I agree they need other help!!! And unlikely would go to prison for posession!!

However drug dealers???? Get them off the streets.. they ruin peoples lives!!

OMG Kerry that's disgusting!!! That must be so infuriating to have to just walk away from people like that, bet you wish you could lock them up for child abuse!

Its a crazy world we live in... I remember being quite scared of the police!!! Not like nightmares scared but respect scared....!! Like my parents teaching me right from wrong!! Just simple things like wearing a seatbelt!!!

Also that 12 year old in custody it was 2am in the morning and obviously needed an adult present.... no sign of his parents?!? They werent at home!!!!
12 years old.....!!! Its not like they thought their child was staying at a friends house!! Just roaming the streets!!! These children... you just wonder what happens in the long run!! :cry:

One look at the goings-on in the world nowadays is proof that many kids have gone the wrong direction. More break and enters, more drugs, more bullying, etc. You have to ask why?

Is it because their parents aren't caring and dismissing their bad actions? Is it because their parents covered for them at minor offenses? And on it goes.

Yes!!!! Unfortunately yes!!!

only if he was a danger to other people..if he killed one person for a reason and would never do it to anyone else then no, i wouldn't..i would expect the people close to me to do the same thing (not that i'm the type who would ever murder someone lol)

taking someones life?? I am shocked!!!

PS: can you tell I feel very strongly about law breaking lol!!

I remember at school we had a healthy respect for the 6th formers and prefects, you know, we'd step out of the way in the corridor. By the time I was a prefect the 11 year old first years were telling us to f*ck off. I'm sure it's got so much worse since then.

hahahaha the day my child tells someone to f**k off is the day they never see the outside of their room until their 18.

I'm not going to be a strict mom, no :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->