Here's one: Would you shop your son/daughter to the police??

For small things,I'd probably think of a way to punish them myself.I mean,I know kids go through a stage when they are little when they steal or shoplift,if something like that happens,I'd get my daughter to apologize and return what she stole.
I surely wouldn't let her get away with that.

But for big things,I'd definitely let the police know but before that I would talk to her to see where lies the problem.

I mean,I'd like to think that I'll have an open and honest relationship with her enough for her to confide in me.

I would deffo. If it was something serious.

If I'd caught them stealing sweets out of the local shop, I'd deal with it myself. And tell them next time I caught them, it would be more serious.

My eldest brother stole a motor cycle. My mum shipped him off to the police. I think people with principles will.

taking someones life?? I am shocked!!!

PS: can you tell I feel very strongly about law breaking lol!!

i kind of guessed lol! i know it sounds really stupid to cover for them, but if it was a one-off offence (not that that would be ok!) i wouldn't be able to do it unless my child was really evil and killed an innocent person. e.g. if my child was a decent person in general and they killed a serial sex offender/ murderer, then i couldn't turn them in. unless they was a serial sex offender/murderer themselves, then that's a different story!

Thats a very dangerous place to be in. Do you know how many people are wrongly convicted of murder / sex offenses still in this country? Let alone in others. If they believe the person is an offender... kill them.. and you deem it acceptable. And then find out the person was innocent? how would you feel then? An eye for an eye doesn't sit right in my opinion unless you have 100% conclusive proof of their guilt. Things people would have been found guilty of 100 years ago, with irrefutable evidence, is now refutable because of advances in technology.... it's a dangerous line.

I would shop my child to the police, especially in the case of the original reason for this thread. the womans sons kicked a man to death. I'm have no doubt in my mind about handing them into the police. Like people have said for smaller crimes that may take place as a child (Stealing from the sweet shop) I'd certainly make sure it didn't go unpunished, they would be made to apologise, pay for anything they had taken, (maybe by doing chores to make up for it) and would be grounded too.

i kind of guessed lol! i know it sounds really stupid to cover for them, but if it was a one-off offence (not that that would be ok!) i wouldn't be able to do it unless my child was really evil and killed an innocent person. e.g. if my child was a decent person in general and they killed a serial sex offender/ murderer, then i couldn't turn them in. unless they was a serial sex offender/murderer themselves, then that's a different story!

I'm sorry, I don't want to fall out, but I can't contain my amazement that you would think it was ok to kill anyone whatever they may or may not have done in the past. I can't believe the vigilante action that keeps occurring in our country where people on the sex offenders register are being murdered. We have a justice system for a reason and these people have already been through it.

For sure I would shop my kid if they did something significant. I am optimistic I will be able to raise them in such a way that they wouldn't do such a thing though. People who commit serious crimes are invariably from very disturbed backgrounds.

I'm sorry, I don't want to fall out, but I can't contain my amazement that you would think it was ok to kill anyone whatever they may or may not have done in the past. I can't believe the vigilante action that keeps occurring in our country where people on the sex offenders register are being murdered. We have a justice system for a reason and these people have already been through it.

For sure I would shop my kid if they did something significant. I am optimistic I will be able to raise them in such a way that they wouldn't do such a thing though. People who commit serious crimes are invariably from very disturbed backgrounds.

tbh, i know that my child will be raised in such a way that they will have morals and wouldn't even think about stealing from a shop let alone murdering someone. i don't think it's ok to kill someone at all, but i will leave my child to be judged by God and not by the law. i guess it depends on the circumstances, but if you can't trust your own blood to keep your silence, then who can you trust? i don't want to fall out either, we all have different opinions and mine seems a bit extreme, but i really doubt i will ever have to deal with being in that situation anyway

trust and perverting the course of justice are 2 completely different things!!!

but i like to have the reassurance that if i did ANYTHING in the world, no matter what it is, then there would always be at least just one person who i could trust to not say anything

but i like to have the reassurance that if i did ANYTHING in the world, no matter what it is, then there would always be at least just one person who i could trust to not say anything

If a person does something so bad as murder someone then I don't think there should be anyone in the world that could be trusted not to say anything. True friends (and parents) are supposed to do what's best for you, not what you want them to do.

If a person does something so bad as murder someone then I don't think there should be anyone in the world that could be trusted not to say anything. True friends (and parents) are supposed to do what's best for you, not what you want them to do.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

I understand your point on trusting someone... but if my son or daughter killed someone and came to me... then I would have to live with that knowledge and therefore affecting my life!! Call it selfish but I couldnt live with myself knowing such information!!

Also if it was me commiting the crime I would never ever want to put that on my mum!! As she would have this blurred vision of the girl she brought into the world!!

Yes I would, it would be hard but big or small a crime is a crime

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->