Hernia?!

MrsE

Reaction score
Anyone have experience of bubs with hernia's?

My little boy has a small soft lump that moved when touched in his testical and with him having an operation on his teste at 9 days old we wanted him checked out asap (scariest time of my life :cry:)
Anyhow, the emergency Dr said it didn't look serious and to make an appointment with our GP in the morning.
Saw our GP this morning and she thinks it's a hernia :cry:
so we're being referred to a paediatrician and if he confirms it's a hernia he'll have to have an operation again...my poor little man.

Has anyone else's little boy had a hernia? And do you know what the procedure is for surgery?

Cx

:hugs: Poor Thomas. Give him a Big Kiss from me hun... And here is a Hug for you :hugs:

Yes hun, I know exactly how that is. My middle son had 2 groin hernias. He was such a sick little bubs when he was born, and my little man went into theatre 5 times before he was 6mths old.
With his hernias they were picked up and he was due to go into hospital and have them done about 4wks after they saw them. Well after a feed one day he started screaming and they had ruptured, so I had to push them back in ( for relief) and hold him while hubby drove us up to the hospital, where they had to pump his last feed out of his stomach and operate. I was so scared, I couldn't stop crying.
He had a scar on both sides, but now that he is 9yrs old, you can't even see them, you wouldn't even know.

:hugs::hugs: I understand how scary it is, but it is amazing how our little bubs bounce back. I am sure your son will be fine. All the very best.

russ my oh went he was baby he had one and they fixed it throught key hole and when he was 24 he got another due to rugby

:hugs:Thanks guys, he's not in any pain whatsoever and is his usually smiley self...bless.
The Dr said to keep an eye on it and if it gets bigger go back asap otherwise wait to hear from the hospital.
It just seems to be one thing after another with the poor mite, but on the plus side it's not affecting him in any way and he's still sleeping through so mummy and daddy can get a good nights sleep.

Think I need a bit of retail therapy so I'll go and buy him a little pressie today.

Cx

Sorry ive no experience of this but just wanted to give him a hug :hugs: poor little fella.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->