Herpes

F

Fortune Cooki

DH gets cold sores every now and then. I've been with him for 6 years and even though I have never showed symptoms, I felt like I probably contracted it at some point considering one can shed the virus while not obviously showing any signs. My HSV-1 and 2 tests came back negative. How the heck have I been with him for 6 years and did not get it? I was sure I'd have to take Valtrex. I just don't get how these viruses work. DH and I have always been very sexually active. What if it is a false negative and do end up having it in the genital area during labor but it's only 'shedding' and not obvious signs?

DH has them too, and so does his dad - but the women in his family have never had one (his sister or his mom), and 9 years of being together and I've never had one on my face or anywhere else. :)

That's pretty interesting. I wonder if my immune system was able to just fight it off if it was trying to enter the body. One thing I do have at the moment and have had since I was a little kid is common warts on my fingers! Annoying buggers. I do not want to pass the HPV to my child. They are easily removable, but just horribly annoying.

I wouldn't worry - if you've been tested and it comes out negative, then relax :) We do make sure that OH doesn't kiss DS when he had a cold sore, which is pretty easy as now he only gets them when he's sick, and we don't want to spread the sickness around anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->