Herts & Essex - Short protocol

Kristy :hugs: I am so sorry for your BFN hun. We herts and essex ladies didn't have a good run did we - fx for us all for round 2. Are you funded, I hope so :flower:

School teacher - I'm short protocol too, not funded though :nope: I'm not sure why it failed, I had a 2day transfer of 2 embryos, one of which was grade 1. We did have some fertilization issues though, i got 24eggs but only 2 fertilised - which was a real shock.
Keep us updated on your cycle and good luck :flower:

Hey _Nell

Thank you :hugs: No guess it just wasn't our time :shrug: Yes I am NHS. So have 2 more fresh cycle tries.

Are you trying anything different this next cycle? I am waiting to hear if I can start in September. I really hope so.

I am starting acupuncture next Saturday and hope that may help a bit. I am not overweight but I would like to lose half a stone at least by end of August.

My eggies fertilised ok as we had ICSI, but the quality of the eggs were not great :shrug:

Fingers crossed its 2nd time lucky for us xxx

Kristy, I'm not doing anything different really, I have no weight to lose and eat well, take my vits etc. DH is taking vits and cut alcohol.

I'm thinking of acupuncture, I didn't/don't believe in it tbh as the studies show no real evidence - BUT my lining was poor so it's worth a shot! I'm going to ask the clinic if there's one they can recommend/close by - i'm not sure about doing it while stimming/cycling though tbh. I might just try it beforehand and see what I think first.

Kirsty I am so sorry for bfn. Trust me, I know exactly how you feel. Don't worry we will be successful on our round 2.

Nell I'm excited that you are about to start round 2. All the best hun and I am sure you will make it this time round.

Schoolteacher you should be starting soon as they are normally quick in finding a match. They found me one in two days, maybe it's because of my ethnicity

As for me, I'm glad to say goodbye to July!! Its been a rollacoster full of emotions. Honestly I didnt think a failed ivf was going to hit me this bad. On top of it all, I have had 2 family members announce their pregnancies and my best friend announced her pregnancy after trying for 2 weeks!!! I am happy for them but also full of envy that they didn't have to try too had. Within a week of finding out about my failed ivf, my company announced that I was one of the people being made redundant. But they changed their minds a few days ago and I still have a job for now.
I have gone from a person who has a lot of pma to an emotional wimp!!! Hubby has been great bless him, he was considering taking me to Cuba for a holiday but it won't work with ivf round two to contend with.

Now were are we going from here? Well we are going for our follow up in over a weeks time. Hubby and I are hopping to convince the clinic to put more than one embryo back to give us more chances. Hubby and I are looking to go on holiday on the 2ww to help me relax. It's looking that we start our next cycle in September depending on my next af.

Hope everyone is feeling positive for their ivf round xxx

P.S sorry for rambling on!!

Chichi, the BFN is hard isn't it? I felt bad, then better, then now there are days when I feel it hits me all over again.
I think a holiday in the TWW sounds lovely - I know I have to make more plans next time to keep my mind busy but be relaxed.

I might be wrong but I don't believe the clinic will budge on the 1 blasto policy for under 35's - though I too hope they do! I'm not sure if you're NHS funded but I know that restricts them as the NHS insists on only 1 embryo......though i'm private and it still made no difference. It sucks though for what we pay/go through tbh.

Hi Nell,

I know what you mean about the clinic not budging on the one transfer I was going to try my luck. I am doing my first nhs round.

Isn't it silly that the clinic doesn't do betas? I would prefare that to poas as I am tired of seing bfn.......anyway I gusse its all the same.

Nell when do you start down regulating?

I don't down reg Chichi. straight to stimms because of my low reserve.

I've got a week or so to wait for AF and then have my pre-checks (scan and bloods) to make sure i'm cyst free etc. They told me to prepare myself for not being able to cycle this time, as my body may not yet have recovered from IVF 1.

Hey Herts ladies

Can you believe I went into work today and got told that the company has shut !!! Made redundant there and then. Not even been paid for last month :cry: They couldnt of done it to me at a worse time.

OMG Kristy, what a shock for you!

Really terrible that theyv'e not paid you or given you notice or anything :(

I know I am in shock :shrug: They have been so great with allowing me time off for IVF and stuff all paid and not out of my holiday time. And now this :cry:

Really not my time. I got stuck in the head by a wasp Saturday too :dohh:

Anyway back to baby stuff... I am going to try and beg H & E to put more than one in. IF more than one makes it. I know the NHS sometime allow it if the chances are very slim. I am waiting to hear how long I have to wait for my 2nd try.

xxx

Just been told I have to wait 6 months for my next round :cry::cry:

Oh Kristy, I'm so sorry you have the 6month wait hun. I hope that it comes around faster than you think - Christmas is in the middle which may help take your mind a little off the wait maybe?

I've just noticed your siggy - sorry to see you also have low egg reserve - me too, it sucks. Did they do an AMH blood test for you?

Oh Kirsty, your not have a good time of it are you? That is horrible about your job, i can't believe they would do that with no warning!
What a horrible pain that you have to wait 6 months-is that the nhs that has enforced that? Gosh what a drag, as if we don't all have to wait enough!

Schoolteacher you should be starting soon as they are normally quick in finding a match. They found me one in two days, maybe it's because of my ethnicity

Chichi that is so quick! Im still waiting for the last of the bood test results to come back on friday then hopefully they will really get going with finding someone! I wonder if they might have chosen someone already but just can't say until all bloods are back!

How are you feeling today? I hope you don't me asking but did you find out whether the other lady was successful? what worries me about egg sharing is that I won't be successful but the other lady will. Don't get me wrong because that would be brilliant for the other lady and of cause that's the whole point is to help someone, but I just think it would be hard to take.
Did you say your next try is nhs? how come your first wasn't? they won't fund me because dh has children-well 19, 21 and 24!
In fact the nhs are so crappy that our gp refused to even do the sti blood tests for my dh so he was forced to go the the lcoal gum clinic instead! The centre did all my mine obviously but it was to save having to pay for dh's.

xx

_Nell - No they never did that AMH? I have my follow up appointment on 17th August. I had high FSH of 17 before they started. Thats all they did :shrug:

The 6 month wait is not fair although considering my recent job loss, maybe it is what I need right now? I am looking to train as a dog groomer and set up on my own so I guess this gives me the freedom to get it done now. I have a busy August and my 30th in September and like you say schoolteacher, we have xmas in between. And already it is only 5 months away (if they go from the start of my first ivf) I am not sure why the NHS put that rule in place? I have to go to my doctor tomorrow to ask them to start appeal process. But the clinic didnt seem hopeful :cry:

My luck has to change soon surely

How are the rest of you doing?

xxx

Kristy - that's odd re the AMH test as I was told by the clinic I had to have it before starting treatment (along with rubella, chlamydia and STI bloods). Maybe it's because the nhs doesn't cover it. It was quite pricey at £80.

Re the wait, I think it's because of the waitlist, to 'give everyone a go', if you had 3 in a row it might mean the next on the waitlist has a longer wait - at least that's how my Dr explained it.

Kristy & Chichi - have you both had your cycle follow up appointments? Can I ask who you saw, my original consultant (mohammed) has left and it seems Daniel has too.

I didn't find my follow up very useful tbh - ended up explaining my own notes of things i'd already gone through at first consult, v frustrating. If it hadn't been 'free' I probably would have refused to pay. I'm wondering if I should mention it to the clinic, I have so many q's still that I'm going to have to ask one of the nurses I think.

_Nell

I have my follow up booked in for 17th August. My consultant is David so I will be seeing him on that date.

I am mainly going so I feel I am still doing something and to ask if they will do 2 embies nxt time :shrug:

What did they say to you? For my hubby to go he will have to take time off unpaid which we cant really afford to do as I am now job less. Would it benifit if he was there or not?

xxx

From my consult it wasn't really worth either of us being there, definitely not DH in any case, it was 20 minutes and my Q's got cut short as he kept looking at the clock :(

I'm sorry to sound cynical but I think it's a pre-cursor to make sure you're going to use the clinic for round 2.

I didn't expect answers, but I did expect more information on how my cycle went and more discussion.
Instead he started by asking me 'so, what happened?' and I said we got a BFN, good no. of eggs but poor lining and poor fertilization. He then started asking about my fibroids - old ground- I kept having to point out my history and the paperwork from my own file.
He assumed we had male fertility issues (from the fertilization) but when I queried the excellent SA's he was surprised. He got some info wrong - at least I think it was - he told me my FSH and AMH would now be much worse after 1 round of IVF - WTF? Really? Surely not?! Honestly he asked more q's than he gave answers. At one point he suggested maybe doing the long protocol for round 2, which could have been interesting but he didn't have any reason 'why' it would be worth changing protocol for me.
He also wasted a good 5 minutes asking why we couldn't be NHS funded and I had to explain that to him, nice that he was concerned for our finances but not helpful tbh. He did say they would give me estrace after EC next time to boost my lining, but no explanation why this wasn't done for round 1 when they realised it was a problem pre trigger.
Maybe it was just a bad day (it wasn't David btw).
I have figured enough about IVF though to know it's 'pot luck' to an extent so I'm not too worried we don't know the detail but am just prepared to have another bash!

Hey herts ladies,

Schoolteacher I didnt really ask whether the other lady was successful or not. We didn't really want to know as we don't know how we could have handled it. We chose to know as little as possible. With regards to hubby's test, our GP did them for us. We have been lucky to have a very helpful GP. We decided to go for the egg share before the Nhs as we didn't know how long we were going to be on the nhs waiting lists ( as it happens we had our funding through when I had aready started the sharing cycle). I'm sure you will be starting as soon as September as recipients are not had for them to find.

Kirsty I am so sorry to here about your job. My job is not safe either. It's also a shame you will have to wait 6 months for cycle 2. I know it's hard, but look on the brighter side; at least your are getting 3 Nhs cycles, some ladies can't even get any in other pcts. Working for yourself sounds great as you won't have to ask for time off while having ivf scans.

Nell my follow up is next week on the 10th august and to be honest I even forgot about it. Don't get me wrong the clinic is good but sometimes I felt as if they always rushed in appointments and scans. It is frustrating!! When I had a risk of OHSS, I didn't get much info and advice, I had to google it for more info. Everytime I had a question, I had to leave a message for a nurse to call me back.

I really want to be a mommy just all you ladies that I am willing to go through just about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->