he's never gonna sleep through

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
joshua is really good at night time, he has a bottle at about 6.30 ish(no later than 7) goes to bed straight after even if he is still awake and doesnt wake up for another bottle until about 1.30.

which that is fine with me but he is never gonna sleep throughas he goes to bed so early.

i havnt chosen his routine he has.

im so proud that he sleeps that much in the night,the only thing is i cant go to bed at 7 when he does coz have too much to do. so time i get to bed and get to sleep i manage to get a few hours before he wakes up.

pointless thread but hay

He is only little, you can tweak his routine to suit you. By maybe putting him to bed later?

Caitlyn used to have he bath at 6.30 then bottle then bed by 8. But this didn't really suit our lifestyle as she would not sleep the night. She now has bathtime at 9pm and she is so tired she has a feed then straight to sleep at 10pm. She sleeps til 8am+

xxx

the only thing with putting him to bed later and giving him a bottle later, i wouldnt get no time to myself coz i would be going to bed at roughly the same time as him.

dont get me wrong,im not moaning just saying that as he goes to bed at 7ish he will never sleep through until say 8am. as a baby wouldnt be able to sleep for that long at such a young age.

he is ready to get up by 7am

He'll sleep through eventually, it may just take a while lol

i think its amazing that he sleeps for that long.
my lo is 9 weeks today & for the past few days has been waking up during the night every 2-3 hours!!! I feel shattered...

It was an amazing confidence boost for me when i took her into work yday & everyone said i looked so good!!

That's really good, my son still wakes up 3 times during the night.

He'll sleep through eventually he is only 5/6 weeks after all if he only wakes for one bottle that is really good
Jack didn't sleep through until he was around 18 months and getting up at 7am is a decent time as well for a baby so young

Sam has his last bottle at around 7pm as well, after his bath. I would have preferred to give him his last feed a bit later, but he has chosen this routine, so we have stuck with it. At first he would wake anywhere between 1am and 3am for a feed and then again around 5-6am and go back to sleep each time.

Last night however, he went to sleep properly around 8pm and slept through til 5.30am - I was amazed, and slightly p´ed off as it was DH´s turn to do the night shift, so he got a great nights sleep, unlike me the night before!!! - I don´t know if this is a one off, but it looks like he´s starting to sleep longer between feeds. So don´t worry, it will happen soon.

well last night he had 8oz at 7pm went to bed and woke again at 1.30am for a bottle.

he only has 6oz bottles in the night and he didnt finish it then he was awake at 5:30

so time he has/had his bottle at 5:30 he was finished and asleep by 6 then i get up then an hour later he gets up x

thats a great routine to have because you get all that time in the evening to yourself. he is still only very little and he will sleep through to the morning eventually.
lucy has a bottle or 2!! around 8pm then i get her into bed at around 9/9.30pm and then she sleeps to around 5am has another bottle then back to sleep till about 8am.

Grace sleeps 8.30 till about 3 then till 5 then 7. I don't think she will start sleeping through any time soon. A few times I put her to bed at 10.30-11 as she was wide awake till then and she would sleep till 5 but like you said you have no time to yourself then. For his age I think he sleeps pretty well though, I'm sure he'll sleep through eventually, it'll just take time.

your baby has a fantastic sleeping routine - trust me, my little boy, until a few nights ago ,was not sleeping more than 1.5 - 2 hrs at a time! he is better now but at the time i would have done anything to have had a routine like yours!

he is doing really well!

Christine
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back