He's not working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby France

Me and my amazing babies!
Reaction score
I am soooo impressed!

OH was told by work earlier this year that he might be in work for Christmas eve and Christmas day night. Due to his shift patterns etc...he has to work a certain number of days off his pattern.

The chances of him being called in to work are 100%.

We were gutted as it's the first year that our two would know that it was a special day.

He's begged people (since April) to try and get others to work for him and as you can understand there's been many in the same boat.

He has finally had one of his workmates (who has no children and his GF is a nurse and now working Christmas eve) who has confirmed he will do it!

I am SOOOO happy :happydance: :wohoo: :yipee: :happydance: He's still got to work Christmas day night, be at least we get to open the presents together and have a proper Christmas morning!!!

So happy for you, I work in a care home so working Xmas morning and have been trying too get out of it for months. I would be so happy if I could. Never mind I've said no one can open the tree presents until I'm back at 1.30 but we will see :)

I know we were struggling on how to do it.

He would get back at 9.30am but then set off to work again at 5ish. We wouldn't have had time to open the kids presents for seeing everyone.

At least now we get time together.

Hope you can get someone to cover for you :hugs: I know what the chances are, we're so shocked, he's been trying with no interest at all since April!

:hugs:

I worked as a carer before I had my lo, and Christmas used to be quite annoying as people used to think they had more right to have Christmas off. One year it was my day off and I had one woman constantly bug me for 3 months to do her shift, even to the point where she was telling me how nasty I was that I was stopping her kids having their mum at home on Christmas day.

Aww thats fantastic news. Were very lucky yet again that OHs shifts dont fall on any days over christmas so he gets it all off!! :D

That's wonderful news.

When I was growing up (I'm 19 now) my parents regularly had to work christmas day. It bugged me when I was very young but I got used to it and apprectiated the time we had together even more. My father has worked every single christmas day bar 2 since I was born (he is the chef manager in a nursing home...if he didn't work the residents wouldn't have a xmas dinner).

My mum is a housekeeper in one now but she used to be a carer so used to work until 2pm but this year I think it's just until 11am. Tbh they need the money. Double time and sunday pay...so pretty good..

But very good your OH has found someone to cover for him. I would have loved if someone said that to my parents when I was younger just so I could have them home with me. You must be over the moon :cloud9:

Aww so pleased for you, however it would have been illegal for them to have him finish at 9.30am and be back in at 5pm as there has to be a certain amount of time between shifts and I think it's 11 hours... :) xXx

That's great news! I hope yous really enjoy your day.

I always feel sorry for the people who have to work on christmas day, I have been lucky to always have jobs in places that are closed on christmas day itself.

I know a lot of places can't shut for christmas, like hospitals, nursing homes etc...But its sad that so many people don't get to see their children opening presents. xxx

ahhh thats brilliant!! how nice of his friend too!!

I heard yesterday that liam will be in camp bastion for christmas :dance: so at least he will get a dinner, and a shower and get to see the tv/news/radio announcements :dance:

xx

Aww thats fab news! I'm dreading getting my rota for Christmas day :nope: I'm a career, but I'm only part time so hoping it's only a few hours maybe in the afternoon if I'm lucky.

I think im the only person who is happy to work christmas day :haha: I'm just thinking if the £££ tho. I'm sure it would be different if I had children. So pleased your OH has got Christmas eve off Hun x

He finishes at 9 (doesn't get in til at least 9.30am) and then would set off at 5ish for a 6pm start. (if he gets in early for his shift, same person will hopefully return the favour on boxing day)

Hayley, how rude of me. Sometimes its very easy to forget just how difficult life as a soldier WAG can be. :hugs: I can never even begin to imagine just how worrying it can be. Biggest hugs and HUGE respect :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: to you and Harrison and hope you get to see Liam very soon :hugs:

Good news BF - my Dad was in the Police and I spent my childhood having Christmas day around his shifts -

Nights: up early open presents before Dad goes to bed, play quietly with presents until Dad gets up at 3 then have xmas dinner

Earlys: Up REALLY early - open presents before Dad goes to work, play with presents til Dad gets home then have xmas dinner

Lates: Get up normal time, open presents, have xmas dinner before Dad goes to work!

Hayley - big Xmas hugs to you xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back