Hi, 38 and TTC :) Feel slightly mad...

Soldiers wife

Mother of 2 teenagers
Reaction score
Hi all
I am 38 and TTC basically only from last period (18.7.10). I have 2 kids already, son who will be 18 in July and 15 year old daughter...
Keep wondering if I am mad doing this all over again, what will it be like to be an older mummy after being a young one...how tired will I be, what will the kids think? Will my body fall apart...how much is childcare these days...Are there a load of new rules about what we can eat and what we cant and what to feed baby etc etc..

OMgosh, definately feel slightly deranged...
xxx

Hiya,
If you're mad I'm Craaaaaazy!! I am 41. I have a daughter of 21, a daughter of 14 months and TTC #3 :)
Being an older mummy is great. I think I get much more pleasure out of my LO this time around and I really don't think I'm any more tired than I was when I was 20 tbh, especially as I'm working full time with this one and she doesn't sleep through. I was worried about telling my eldest I was pg because she loved being an only child and even at her age I thought she might be jealous but she absolutely loves her baby sister.
Go for it!! You'll love it. Good luck :)

ahh thanks Missy that is just what I need to hear, really reassuring! I am sure I am doing the right thing, it is just scary after having all the freedom with the teenagers! Mind you I brought the other 2 up on my own, couldn't drive, worked full time blah blah so if nothing else it will be different! How long have you been TTC? xxx

I also have started all over again and feel great. Got 3 teenage boys aged 17,18 & 19 and got pregnant with my youngest Korben at 39, just turned 40 in March when he was born, can honestly say im a lot more patient and more time for one to one with this one, good luck sweetie x

Me dh 41

Im a stepmom to a 16yr old and she would love a little one to help me take care of it. I never had a little one, but my dh would love to do it all over again in a hearbeat:hugs:

As far as the age gap....Who gives a @@@@??????????

Take care:hugs:

its great being an older mum im 42 just had my 5th and wanting another you will be great try not to worry just enjoy the process of making a baby xx

ahh thanks Missy that is just what I need to hear, really reassuring! I am sure I am doing the right thing, it is just scary after having all the freedom with the teenagers! Mind you I brought the other 2 up on my own, couldn't drive, worked full time blah blah so if nothing else it will be different! How long have you been TTC? xxx

We've only just started. This is month two but I think we missed the time window last month. Yes it's a bit weird losing your freedom all over again but well worth it x

Well, I'm glad I am not the only one. :flower: I started all over 3 years ago, as I have an 18 year old, a 16 year old, a 2 year old and now pregnant with the last addition to our family. Honestly, I feel better than I did in my 20's and although I did notice it took a bit longer for the body to bounce back to normal, I still FELT better (if that makes sense). About the only thing I noticed I missed a lot was ... you guessed it, SLEEP (but I imagine that affects ALL parents, regardless).

You're not mad at all ..... I think it's awesome -- best of luck to you! :hugs:

Soldierswife, Oh god please dont feel mad im 43 and trying and really hoping it works for us, and what other people think sod them and what your child will think is that they love you very much and always will xx good luck

Please dont feel too old. I am 39 and still feel in my prime!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->