Hi a little help needed...

xpinkness87x

Reaction score
I want to make the switch to reusable nappies, and im just wondering if someone could help me work out what i need to buy to get started? xx

Hiya

It will depend on which type of nappy you want to use, The cheapest option is using prefold nappies along with wraps, the more expensive but easyer options are All in one/two nappies or pocket nappies, these are most like disposables.

How many nappies will depend on the age of your LO and how often you want to do a wash.

The following are handy things to have if using cloth:
A nappy bucket
Wet bags for out and about
Fleece Liners to protect your nappies
Flusable Liners, as above but you can flush them

Theres lots more experianced cloth bum mums on here that will be able to help more but thats a start x

Hi I'm completely new to cloth to and yesterday was Charlie's first full day in cloth. We have mainly gone for pocket nappies - nappies which are shaped like a disposable but have a removable insert so they dry quicker. Unfortunately I am already addicted to the cute fluff. I have 13 nappies at the minute but that means I have to wash every day. I have 3 more on order and will start to build up slowly now. Ideally I don't want to be washing every day so will be looking at about 25 nappies I think.

I bought a metre of fleece and have cut that up to make liners for the nappies. Fleece wicks the wee away from baby's skin and I was surprised how well it works.

I don't have a nappy bucket - I use a wet bag which I throw in the machine with my nappies.

I have bought a mixture of new nappies and pre-loved. Most of my new ones are ebay cheapies as I didn't want to spend a fortune on nappies that didn't work for us. As I learn what works I will buy more of our favourites.

i'd say the same as the others though i'd becareful constantly using a wetbag for dirty nappies as it may begin to rot if constantly damp. Any lidded bucket would do but pails are generally cheap enough.

Check if your local council run an incentive scheme aswell as you may be entitled to a free voucher or cashback which could help you get started :flower:

I'd suggest trying nappies out before you buy them as well, as what works on one baby, may not work on another. Also different life styles have different needs, and again, what works for one family may not work for another.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->