Hi, Im not a noob lol but just wondering..anyone not get a HPT BFP till 6 weeks ?

HappiestMom

Spcl Nds Girl + twn boys + girl
Reaction score
You hear about it happening and stuff from a friend of a friend or a friends cousins sister lol..but just wondering if anyone in here has personal experience with a really late BFP..like between 5-6 weeks getting a HPT BFP at home after previous BFNs? did your Dr give you a reason it took so long to get a home bfp?

I got my :bfp: at about 7 weeks pregnant when I had originally tested at about 5 weeks and got a :bfn:

I never asked my doctor about it because when I took the first test I looked at it very quickly tbh then threw it away and I believe now that if I looked a bit closer I would have seen a faint line :dohh: haha I think I was just so used to negatives that I was like oh ffs another one then just got on with the rest if my daily activities haha

ok so with your first did you get a late one too? And do your dates with this one..like due date based on ultrasound...match up with when you think you Od? so you were definitely really 7 weeks and maybe not earlier with just a late O?

Im asking because I took a test last night at like 9p after a 6 hour hold with no drinking during that time either..and got the test below......then..this AM...took an ANSWER test and got nothing...test also below.... I would HAVE to be like 6 weeks preggie..I Od around the 16-18th of November....and we only had sex that month the 14th....

all the tests Ive done up until last night were negative but dried with lines...no matter what brand..but last nights was there within like 2 secs of the dye going across and was thick and pink and never went away and a few other people saw it too (was at friends house) I just dont see how its an evap but then again I dont see how I could be almost 6 weeks and still not getting anything on other tests...

Attachments

• HPT 12-16 PM.jpg
    HPT 12-16 PM.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 55
  • HPT 12-17 AM 2.jpg
    HPT 12-17 AM 2.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 59
You hear about it happening and stuff from a friend of a friend or a friends cousins sister lol..but just wondering if anyone in here has personal experience with a really late BFP..like between 5-6 weeks getting a HPT BFP at home after previous BFNs? did your Dr give you a reason it took so long to get a home bfp?

It depends on the sensitivity of your test and when you take it, i.e. first morning urine is the most concentrated and more likely to give you a positive sooner. If you want one of the most sensitive tests on the market I'd recommend First Response Early Result. You should see a faint line the quickest on this brand, it showed up positive for me on FRER when many other tests were still showing BFNs.

haha thanks SeaBump but see my post right above yours lol...I guess I was typing out my monologue as you were replying lol lol.. I got positives with my twins at 9dpo on FRER and with my single at 11dpo...

I know some people test better at night so Im holdin it again right now..since 3pm here..I have 3 more hours now and no drinking either until I test again with exact same brand..trying to recreate how I did it last night lol...just incase this pregnancy is one of those..better at night things or something lol..

My sister was 7 months pregnant with her 1st little boy when she found out and that was only thru a drs examination.
Had two girls previously with out this issue but I also think from what I remember as a child she suffered a lot with irregular and painful periods even after the kids xx

Not sure if this helps any hun but like u I have heard that's more common than u would expect xx

Username. Rockinghorse. Was in my November testers thread and she got bfn. Until her doctor drew her blood bfp two weeks after her after was due!

sorry hun cant see it on the frer and its very rare to get a late bfp only 1% fingers crossed that 1% is you x

I tested the day AF was due, got a BFN and started bleeding the next morning. I bled for 4 days and didn't feel right so took another test - BFP within seconds! I had a 28 day cycle and ovulated on day 14 so we didn't find out until I was a day off of 5 weeks. My late BFP is asleep next to me right now. X

Edit: My mum didn't have her pregnancy confirmed until early on in her second trimester. She knew she was pregnant but doctors refused to do a blood test because she'd had her periods like normal for 3 months. X

https://i59.tinypic.com/vrt4ev.jpg

This is the one I did Monday the 15th

https://i60.tinypic.com/14lrhxz.jpg

And Here is the test I took Thursday the 18th

Both were there before 5 mins and pics taken within 10 mins

I've had bloods drawn waiting for those tomm but did two digis and negative

I can see a faint line on the second pic. Good luck! X

I see lines in last post. Also with my first it was so faint. Now with second was dark at 3 weeks even or so. But some times only docs can confirm through blood. Depends. But I see faints.

Personally, my lines were there with this one and my second one, strong by 4 weeks. Not sure with my first, as cycles were really irregular and we weren't trying so I wasn't tracking, and I didn't take a test until 9 weeks.

My SIL though, she's one that doesn't get good strong lines. Her first, they were trying and after her period was 2 weeks late, she made a dr apt and had a blood test. Her second, they weren't trying at ALL, they were actually separated but trying to work it out. Her cycles weren't as regular as they had been, she thought because of stress, but when it skipped for a third month in a row, all negative tests, she finally went to the dr. U/s put her at 13 weeks.

I'm sorry, I just realized you updated with blood test info. If I'd seen that first, I wouldn't have responded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->