hi ladies im new

momo51519

Mother of 3
Reaction score
Hey ladies, I just wanted to introduce myself. I am new here as of november 11th 2012. My daughter was born at 25 weeks. She is in the nicu for who knows how long. I was just discharged today from the hospital. Today I had to leave her and it broke my heart. I can't stop crying. I know she is in a great hospital and I definletly know she needs to be there. I am just sad I didn't just have her in my belly. She was born early due to me hmoraging and finding out I had placenta precreda. She is stable and just has your normal premie issues. She weighed 1 lbs and 6 ounces so she is small. How did u other moms deal with this?

Welcome and congrats on your DD. I also had a 25 weeker my last pregnancy. He is now 28 months actual, 25 corrected. TBH how do you deal with having a micro prem, well i never dealt with it i just managed. I cant think of any coping strategy that really gave me peace of mind throughout the rollarcoaster journey. it's not easy! When i left my son i cried I was so sad and depressed, in fact i cried everyday he was in the hospital. Every night i came home and left him in NICU i cried. I also had counselling to deal with the whole ordeal. Take it one day at a time. its a very long journey ahead but worth it when you take LO home. Expect her to come home around her due date. One thing that helped now that i think about it was coming on bnb everynight and sharing with the ladies what happened that day and hearing their own experience helped. Preemie section youll get lots of support here. Remember to take care of your self you just had major surgery. GL

Congrats on your little girl.

TBH I didn't struggle with leaving her in hospital because at the time she looked so small and sick that I couldnt imagine taking her home. Although we were staying in a ronald mcdonald house so were only across the road. That and I had been in hospital on complete bed rest for over a month so needed out of the place!

At the beginning it is really daunting but you start getting into a routine which helps. The only advise I would give is as she gets older and out of nicu then take some time out for yourself. I spent 14 weeks staying in the neonatal about 14 hours a day and by the time we bought our lg home I was exhausted. In hindsight I should have built up my energy by having a few rest days.

Keep us updated on your lo progress xx

figured I would update with pics of my daughter being 2 weeks and 4 days! She is at 1lb and 10ounces. She has gained a few ounces thank god and they upped her feeds for the second day in a row. The only major problem she is having is her blood pressure either drops really low or spikes really high. They wont know more till she is off the current ventulator and on a different one. The one she is on now gives fuzzy pictures with the ultrasound.

Attachments

• 11-28-12 0132.jpg
    11-28-12 0132.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 11-28-12 0172.jpg
    11-28-12 0172.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 11-28-12 004.jpg
    11-28-12 004.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23
She is gorgeous. Hopefully her blood pressure will start to stabilise soon.

xx

Welcome, and congratulations on the birth of your little girl. You and your little girl will have good days, and bad days. The NICU is a long and tough journey, but you'll get through it somehow. :hugs:

Many congratulations on your sweet baby girl!

I think agiboma has some really good advice for you-re coping; I think you find your own way eventually of getting through the tough bits. focus on the little things that she manages day by day-I find that helps me. the slightest weight gain, managing to keep their eyes open for that little bit longer, holding onto your finger; moving her eyes to the sound of your voice, reacting to your touch-even if it's just a wiggle. everything counts.

I hope her journey through the NICU has as few bumps as possible. good luck xx

figured I would update with pics of my daughter being 2 weeks and 4 days! She is at 1lb and 10ounces. She has gained a few ounces thank god and they upped her feeds for the second day in a row. The only major problem she is having is her blood pressure either drops really low or spikes really high. They wont know more till she is off the current ventulator and on a different one. The one she is on now gives fuzzy pictures with the ultrasound.

Look at her--what a beautiful soul she is! Hoping and praying that she can be off the vent soon... She looks absolutely wonderful. Beautiful color and so filled out for a 25 weeker! You are doing a great job, and your strength will become your little girl's.

xoxo

Hey ladies so I wanted to update you guys on elena!! She got put on Cpap sunday but they changed her over to the Bipap cause she needed just a little assistance but not enough to reintobate her! I finally got to hold her monday! But cant with the new machine its too touchy and I am too afarid of it coming out! But when I got to hold her it was the most amazing feeling in the world. It took three weeks and one day to be able to hold her! Her blood pressure is totally fine now. They weened her completely off the meds that they were using to regulating!! But I had a question for you ladies out there who have other kids. I am having a hard time lately being away from her and then when I am there I am upset I am away from my other two kids. I go there every other day. I cant be away more then one day from my newest. I am wondering how you ladies deal with the emotional part of that?? I cry every day I am away from her. Then on top of it, it feels like this HUGE chunk of my heart is missing when I am away. I know it sounds stupid but its true and it aches when I thnk about her!! My husband doesnt understand of course. I just dont know how to deal those emotions. So please any advise will help.I will post a few currents pics

Attachments

• 12-3-12 004.jpg
    12-3-12 004.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 12-3-12 008.jpg
    12-3-12 008.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 12-2-12-3.jpg
    12-2-12-3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 12-2-12 003.jpg
    12-2-12 003.jpg