Hi- Newbie here!

Nik09

Reaction score
Hello!

Im so pleased to find this forum! My name is Nikki and i am a mum to two beautiful children. My first child, Freya was devastatingly, born sleeping at 21+1 in June 08, due to me having an incompetent cervix:(. I miss her more every single day, but i know she lives on in her little brother, my miracle boy, Flyn.

Flyn was born at 25 weeks on 4th February 09. Weighing a hefty 2lbs (911 gms). I had a cervical stitch placed at 14 weeks with Flyn, and it was found just after 21+1, that the stitch was failing and i was admitted to hospital on strict bedrest until my waters broke on Monday 2nd Feb. I was given 2 doses of steroids and my little hero was born into the world of NICU, at 7.18pm. My labour was horrendously painful and soooo bittersweet, he came out with his eyes open, trying to breathe on his own! He literally fought his little heart out from the word go!

We spent 13 weeks and 1 day in NICU. Flyn was only ventilated for 24 hours and then moved onto cpap. He had a grade 1 bleed on his brain, that resolved itself (due to the quickness of my labour, we think) thankfully. Our journey was full of up's and down's, but thankfully, Flyn did'nt have any other issues apart from waiting for his lungs to mature. Although it didnt feel like that at the time.... I was a mess!!

Flyn was discharged on may 7th, 2 weeks before his Due date, weighing 6lbs 7oz. He was on 0.03 of low flow O2, but that didnt matter. My little miracle was coming home!!!!

Flyn is now 7 months old and is a superb 16lbs 5oz! He gave up the O2, almost 7 weeks ago now, eats everything placed in front of him and is such a cheeky monkey!!! He is full of smiles and giggles and definetly has his mother's temper!!!! He passed his 6 month developmental assesment with Flying colours, and i know that he reach his milestones in his own time.

Im so unbelievably proud of my little fighter, he truly is the apple of my eye, my entire world. He brings me sooo much happiness.

Thanks for reading our story. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Love Nik xxx

Hi Nikki

Glad you could join us, Flyn sounds like a right wee fighter and has done so so well you must be really proud. Looking forward to seeing some pics we love cooing over the babies in here hehe x

Hello and welcome to the preemie section!

Congratulations on the births of your beautiful Daughter and Son-and I am so sorry for your loss.

Your LO is such a fighter!! Go Flynn! :thumbup:

Thankyou Ladies!

I would love to show my Flyn off, but am really unsure as to how to do it on here. Do i need a photobucket account?

Any help would be much much appreciated:) xxx

Hi Nik
Welcome to the forum and congratulations!

So sorry to read about your loss but Flyn sounds like a proper little superstar and I agree, pics would be great! If you just click on the little paperclip when you reply, you get the option to upload images. Probably the easiest way to get a pic on.

xxx

Hi Nik,

Reading your story brought a few tears to my eye. A tear of sadness for the loss of your daughter and tears of joy for your little fighter! I too had Archie 13 weeks early due to a weak cervix which was the outcome of some treatment for abnormal cells 10 years ago. Only three months ago did the professionals confirm that there is a link between the two.

Very similarly, Archie was born on 8th Feb weighing 2lb 6oz and came home May 13th which was 4 days after his due date.

I can't wait to see some pictures of your little one. I have a journal you can read if you like, it might bring some memories back to you. You can view it by clicking on the link at the bottom of my signature.

I'm looking forward to chatting some more!

Dona xxx

Ok, so this is my first go at uploading photo's. I really hope they work!

The first one is of Flyn, the first time i touched my son, 3 hours after he was born.

The next one is.... Him on Cpap possibly (i cant remember what i just uploaded):(.

The last one is of him at the end of August,

Hope you like them.

Love Nik xxx

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 070.jpg
    070.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 10
Nik he's gorgeous, looks like a right wee cheeky monkey in the last one hehe x

Aww he is a wee stunner!

Flyn is adorable! Welcome to the forum :hugs:

hello and welcome:hi:

i have just read your story.i am so sorry to hear about your little baby daughter.
Flyn sounds like he is doing so well, well done you x

Hello, have just read your introduction, I am so sorry to hear about your little girl Freya - such a lovely name. You are so brave and I am so pleased Flyn is doing so well. Keep us updated on his progress, he is your little miracle being watched over by his little sister.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"